The Beginning

Ryan's POV

We've just gotten back from a mission. We're at Commissioners Park. Shane's sitting down at a bench and puts his head in his hands. I know that he was scared and I get it. I was that way in the beginning, myself. I should talk to him. Tell him to not feel bad about freaking out, but I know that I might not be able to say anything to make him feel better about it. I just need to help him get better experience with handling guns shooting at him.

Right now, I need to get these guys to my other hideout. I've got three: one in Gavit High school (from the Heat days), Commissioners Park-where we are now, but we're still too in the open, and my tunnel under T.F North. I was able to get Kane to help me get it up and running when I moved here, after I found it. It's been awhile since I used it, after hanging up the hood, so I'd have to find it on my down time. Meaning I need to send them home.

"Ryan." Says Jess, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah." I say. "I'm just thinking about how we're too in the open and in our costumes."
"What do you suggest?" Asks Jess.
"Change and head home." I say. "I'll find a hideout for us and we can just go there." That's when we hear screaming. "Jamar?"
"It's near Memorial Park." He says.
"Jessica, you and Jamar go and scout ahead. Shane and I can catch up with you two, later." I say.

They nod and leave. I turn to Shane.

"I know that I fucked up, okay?" He says, before I can do anything. "I'm sorry. I-I just froze."
"Calm down." I say, calmly. "I'm not mad, Shane."
"You're not?" He asks.
"Nope." I say.
"Why not?" He asks.
"Because, I got nervous and froze when I first started myself." I say. "It took training with my team to get me where I was."
"Really?" He asks.
"Yep." I say. "I did meditation with the Martial Artist, weapons training with the Knight, and regular training with the spy. The meditation really helped."
"But what kept you going?" He asks.
"Look at what we have." I say. "We have friends, family, and more. We have people to protect. And we have people that we love."
"And we have to protect them." He says. I nod.
"We are skilled. We are strong. We are both fighters." I say. "We have to do things like this to keep them safe."
"So, how do you suggest I calm down?" He asks.
"Close your eyes, breathe, and think of what could happen to our friends if we couldn't save them." I say. "Don't think of it as somebody shooting at you. Think of it as our training courses. Get it?"
"Yeah, I do." He says. "Now, let's head to Memorial Park."

-------------------------------------------------
5 minutes later
Ryan's POV

We grapple to the to the room of the building of the gym. Jess and Jamar are there. We walk up to them and Jess points at the red hairless cat on its hind legs. It looks like a black Beerus with a pink Whis.

"Crap." I say.
"What's up?" Asks Shane, and I tell them what my theory is. "Shit."
"What now?" Asks Jamar.
"Think that we can keep them busy until The Grey gets here?" Asks Jess.
"If I'm right, we won't last minutes against him." I say. "The best we can do is hold him off for a couple of minutes if we're lucky."
"I say we try before the cops show up." Says Jamar.

I take some time to think about what we can do. If we try to attack head on, we might not make it. And the brief battle might put innocent people in danger.

"We need to clear a few blocks." I say.
"Why?" Asks Jess.
"Even if we try to take him on, the force of his blasts might take out several blocks, creating a lot of casualties." I say. "And if we can't take him out, the power of The Myth team and this God can create a lot of destruction. We don't need anyone to get hurt."
"What's the plan?" Asks Shane.
"Jess, you, Shane, and Jamar get everyone back." I say. "Make sure that you get everyone back a few blocks from this spot. After you do that, then come back to help us."