Chapter One

I just stood there in shock and confusion as I watched them fight for their lives and my brother was being taken away from me. I knew I had to do something but I can’t.

A while later, mom and dad dropped down from the grip of a human like creature taking their life. Rushing over to them in panic as tears stream down my cheeks. “No no no! This can’t be happening! Mom, dad stay with me. I don’t want to lose you guys!”

Mom reached out her hand to me along with dad and they both cupped my cheeks saying “One day you’ll understand. Now forget and run. “

Waking up from my nightmare looking at my surroundings making sure it was just a dream. I touched my cheeks as I felt tears still streaming down my eyes.

I just told myself “it’s just another dream. It’s just a dream. It isn’t real.” Calming myself down as I walked to the mirror I saw how pale I looked.

I kept on having the same dream again and again ever since I woke up from the hospital 10 years ago. I couldn’t remember a single thing but what my parents just say is that I got into an accident.

Looking outside the window I realized it’s almost dawn, so I put the nightmares back into the corner of my head, preparing for school. It’s gonna be the same morning like before.

“Morning, mom, dad.” I sat on the chair beside my brother ignoring what he is doing. I never liked my brother ever since we moved from Centralia. I mean seriously, he is annoying and I’m glad I left that ghost town. Everyone there thinks I’m a vampire thanks to my silver eyes. It was unusual but it doesn't mean I could be a vampire. Like seriously there are more than  7 billion people in the world.

Mom served pancakes as usual since it’s our favorite in the morning and we started to eat. I haven’t gotten used to them talking together like a real family so I just keep shut and as usual I head out first. I never felt comfortable around them. I even doubted that they were my parents.

“Darling, don’t forget your lunch.” Mom and brother caught up to me as I was about to get into my own car. I still feel a bit comfortable and yes I have my own car.

“Thanks mom. We’ll enjoy it.” I got into the driver’s seat as my brother got into the shotgun seat.

“Can you at least warm up to us a bit, Eli? Aren’t you used to it already?” my brother faced me as I started the engine.

No was the only thing that came out of my mouth as I started to drive us to school. The drive was longer ‘cause of Chris’ annoying rambling of some damn things I’m not interested in.

“Christopher! Could ya just shut up!?” Glaring at him for a second, faced the road again.

“Come on. My singing is awesome! Everyone at school loves it.” He looked at me. “Well maybe not everyone.”

“Yea so quiet.” I turned on the music on my phone and connected it to the car.

“5:30 later don’t be late or I’ll leave you behind.” I locked my ford mustang and headed off to first period.

I still haven’t gotten used to everyone greeting and giving me high-fives as I walk through the hallways into first period. As I reached the door to first period which was physics, I rechecked my schedule and saw everyone already in their seats pointing at the front.

“What? “ I looked at the front and saw a hot handsome cool and awesome guy beside the teacher.

“Oh, Miss Rayne you’re here. Now if you’re wondering why I’m early today is that we have a new student Alexander Murrey.” Ms. Anderson patted the hot guy named Alexander to make his introductions.

“Well as Ms. Anderson said, I’m Alexander Murrey blah blah blah. And as I said earlier I know Her.” He pointed at me.

“I don’t even know you silver-eyes.” I stood up marching to the front. Everyone knows my anger issues especially if someone starts to say that they know me from the past.

“I already know what happened to you so no need to explain. Eliza.” He just made me stop and face him but then I remembered something.

“We’ll be together forever right?” a silver-eyed guy held out his hand to me. “Yes, forever.” I held his hand and I saw him smile.

“Nobody calls me Eliza except my best frie-“the teacher cut me off placing her hand on my shoulder and shook her head slowly indicating I should stop.

“You’re safe for now Alexander.’ Glaring at him I sat on my seat and motioned that the only vacant seat left is at my back.

Class went on normal but I had the feeling that Alexander was staring at my back figuring out how to make me remember. I was about to head to the next period until he grabbed my arm.

“Right, ‘cause the only person you know now is me, you want me to show where you should go.” He nodded but then I brushed off his hand off my arm. “Excuses, obviously they gave you the map of the school and it’s on your smartphone.”

“I didn’t get my phone.” I looked at him in annoyance. “What!? Ugh, fine show me your schedule.” Grabbing his schedule off his hand I looked at it scanning everything.

“You can’t be kidding me!” I almost shouted in the room. “Stupid schedule. Just today okay.” I gave his schedule back making him follow me to the next periods until lunch.

“See you later!” Alexander waved as he went somewhere to have lunch.

Sighing in relief I headed to the cafeteria looking for where my brother was sitting with the crew. Great just great my mind just raised its hands in defeat.

“I saw the hot guy Eliza. Who is he?” Merriam asked me and the others nodded. Chris was eating his lunch as I saw it was his favorite and decided to open mine while replying to them.

“I don’t even know so don’t ask me anymore. I hate his guts and he is too annoying. He thinks he knows me like you guys.” My eyes sparkled as I grabbed my fork and started to eat my favorite food, beef patties with sweet peas and gravy.

The rest of the day was annoying as ever and Alexander even tried to get my number but there was something weird about his eyes. They were the same as mine, silver, and it was uncommon. I don't usually get to see people with the same eyes as mine so yeah its rare.

Dinner was the same as usual but the silver eyes kept bugging me so I looked deeper into it. Right after I finished reading an article. I heard a voice, “I’ve finally found you princess.”