Chapter - 2

CE stated that they worked for human safety but  that was a total lie. Those hypocrites take the blood sample of new 18ners .

To know blood type?....Ha ..No

It was taken so that those who smelt good and were so called tasty got a privilege to reside in castle and those who didn't have their type of blood , were discarded and lived a poor life.

Those who were discarded were known as '​​​​​Weeds'  and every person in Astricacia discriminates against them . After turning 18 , their life is hell itself. Even the commoners were asked to look down on them.

And those who had the privilege to live in castle ,worked for vampires . And were known as 'Graced' . They were living and walking blood bags for Noble vampires . In reality their life was no different than that of weeds.

In my opinion living a life as weed was much better than graced as most of them were killed at an instant to fulfill the desire of noble vampires . At least being a weed would never let me bow down on my knees for those pathetic leeches . Common vampires were not allowed to even touch the graced.

This was the reason my aunt and uncle never wanted me to join the ball. Even if they tried to hide the fact that I just turned 18 they wouldn't be able to defy their own king. And if by any chance they got caught they would be given sever punishment , they could also be exiled from the kingdom of Astricacia .

And I would never want this to happen. Just like them , there were many other common vampires who were against this custom but those hypocritic nobles ...they would never demolish it.

On the day of ball.....

An invitation arrived for the ball , yesterday . I literally didn't want to join it but I thought I was not the only one who was going to suffer so , I had to be strong .

Aunt gave me an elegant , decent but not so eye catching , turquoise dress.I  did my hair and put a lil bit of makeup cause I didn't wanted to catch much attention of those nobles and never in the millionth time , let them think that I was inviting them to suck me dry.

After sometime , aunt came to my room with a small vial. I thought that it was perfume but it didn't have any fragrance. So I doubt that it was perfume. She started putting it on me. 

"Aunt?", I inquired.

"Yes . ", she said absently still putting that perfume on me.

"What's that thing you are putting on me and why doesn't it have any fragrance ?" I asked.

She chuckled and said, " It's not perfume , it's a type of essence which would suppress the smell of your blood. "

"Really!!...would it work ?"  I asked in total bewilderment.                                I never knew that there was anything like this to suppress the smell of blood . That was amazing . Really...

"I think so... " , She answered silently.

She looked quite sad and it was even valid 'cause it might be the last time she was going see me.

After getting ready we made our way down the stairs. Uncle was already waiting for me. He gave me a sad smile. I never wanted to leave them but nothing could be done. So, I hugged my aunt then my uncle. Ughhh....I am really going to miss them.

"Good luck , Charlie.",

This was the only thing my aunt said and then she went upstairs . I could see tears in her eyes but I couldn't comfort her.

After a moment of silence b/w my uncle and me ,my uncle sighed and said,

" She's just a bit dishearted . She'll be fine soon."

"I know...." I whispered to myself.

"Charlie , before you go I just want to tell you that we are always there for you . I don't fear the laws . If you would ask for help both your aunt and me will help you.                     Your father was a great man and your mother helped us during crisis. Even after losing her husband she always stayed strong. It's just a pity that they left you so early but don't worry , we are with you. "

Then he took out a box from his pocket and handed it to me . It had a silver coloured locket and a needle.

" The needle has the coating of wolfsbane and the locket is the only thing your father left before disappearing. "

I saw my father last time when I was of 3 . He ones went to hunt but never came back . People had assumed that he was dead but my mother never stopped finding him . And now , when she was dead I was going to take that responsibility and I knew that he was alive but where was he....  I didn't remember his face properly but if I would see him anywhere by chance . I would definitely recognize him.

"  I'm pretty sure you are going to use it well . You'll be as great as your parents . Keep it safe ." , These were the last word I heard from my uncle . 

A carriage was already outside from mansion . Uncle escorted me to the carriage and then the carriage took off.

______________________

 So guys I tried to make this chapter a little long . The next chapter will definitely live up you to your hopes.

***The locket had a pic. of her father and mother .***

***And some of you might be confused where the hell this Astricacia thing came from..

i didn't mention it but it was the kingdom where Charlotte lived***