Chapter - 3

Above is the pic

Above is the pic. Of Emiel (I couldn't find any red eyed handsome man so I did a lil bit of editing) . This was how he looked when he was sitting on the stage . And this is how

Marcus looks like

Marcus looks like.

( You would come to know about them in and next chapter).

_________________

After some time the carriage stopped . I was scared and nervous but not even a bit excited . 

I got out of the carriage and examined the surroundings. There were a lot more carriages escorting other people . Then my attention was grabbed by the massive castle . It was gorgeous but in an old way . There were a number of doors but for now only two were used for entering. One was for vampires and the graced and another was for us . 

I went inside the castle . The hall was so huge . At the center there was a platform decorated beautifully. 

In the hall there were noble vampires as well as humans . Some vampires , no.... actually most of the vampires came with there owned humans , graced . Some held their hands , some were held by waist and some were by leash .

It was so painfull to look at their sorrowful and lifeless eyes , the bitten marks and bruises on their bodies  and they were graced !!

And some humans were like us ... didn't even know what was going to happen to them in future. We were like the chicken raised by butchers didn't even know if we were raised for breeding or to get slaughtered ....haa ....This was so funny that we really we were out of ideas.

After some time a man in black suit wearing a black rimmed monocle , seemed to be the head Butler , grabbed our attention by announcing in roaring voice ,

" Welcome, the noblemen and noblewomen in 1006th  auction of vampire state . We are so thank full to all esteemed vampires who made their appearance in this year's ball. So , now please stand in honour of the Queen Calliope Van Astrada , the Crown Prince Emiel Giorgio Astrada and the royal family of Astricacia . "

Every person in the hall bowed to show them respect . The movement of queen were gracious , after her entered the crown prince with his fiancee followed by other family members . Red eyes and black hairs were the symbol of royal family . Every child who was royal had red eyes and black hairs .

" Please raise your head and be seated. " , said the Queen . 

There were chairs for vampires but not even a single for us . Even the graced have to sit on the floor or on their lap . After seeing all this I think I'm quite comfortable to be weed . 

Butler clapped to again gain our attention ,

" Now , now . It's time for the blood entrance. " , His voice boomed in the hall , " So , all the humans who are not owned by any noble form a queue at the back of the stage for the blood entrance.,"

Blood entrance is the blood test itself . It's known as blood entrance as only the quality of our blood could make us enter in the castle as graced

We were guided to the back of the platform and they started taking blood samples one by one . 

Apart from us and the workers (mainly humans but also some vampires of lower grade) who were taking our blood ,the crown prince and one more vampire , having white hair, seemed to be crown prince's companion were present at the back of stage . 

Some brainless girls who were full of makeup, were trying to garb the attention of crown prince . I really pity them 'cause they didn't know what they were getting themselves into . 

Well I personally would never do something that would grab his attention rather I would be as quite as a rock so that he wouldn't even know about my presence .  A lot terrifying rumors were already at the top about him which might not be hoax . It was often said that he was the 'mad dog' of Astricacia . He led a lot of wars and won all of them . It was because of him the witches reside with us now . Ah!.... and one rumor was quite famous about him and that was ,  he poisoned his own father for the throne due to which King's health was not good and therefore he didn't attend the ball .

' This was insane!! '

These stupid girls were digging their own grave . 

Just after my blood sample was taken, my every thought dropped dead in its tracks and I found the        'mad dog' staring at me like he read everything I was thinking . 

I was frightened that he might murder me right now . I wanted to disappear in dust . I wanted the earth to swallow me  but alas!.... that was never going to happen . I turned my gaze away from him but I could still feel his eyes burning holes in the back of my head . I was so scared to do anything . 

"You!!..."  , my thoughts were again disturbed but this time by the vampire who took my blood sample . He was watching me in total bewilderment . 

Then he made his way to crown prince and whispered something in his ears . 

' I'm dead now...I'm literally dead  now . '

________________________

"The secrets "
I originally published this book in quotev . If you want you can go and visit it also .