Part One ~ Chapter 1: Act My Age

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I can count on you after all that we've been through

Cause I know that you'll always understand

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I get up and walk to the kitchen.

Just like I did in that dream I had eleven months and five days ago...

Eleven months, five days and a dream ago...

"Morning Pri" I greet my roommate rubbing my eyes as I enter the kitchen.

I met Priyal through the internet. She lived in London but wanted to have her own flat there and I wanted to have a flat since my plan was moving to the United Kingdom's capital in order to find a job.

"Eli..." Pri says lifting her sight from her phone "At what time is the interview?"

"Hm... half past nine..." I mumble yawning; "Why?"

"Well, because it's almost nine o'clock"

"WHAT?" I jump looking at the kitchen clock "Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit, shit" I curse running to the bathroom and take the quickest shower of my life.

I put on a pair of skinny slacks, a quarter sleeve white blouse and a black blazer. I slip into a pair of black flat ballerinas and put the high heel shoes in my handbag. I grab the keys and run to the door, where Pri is waiting for me.

"Break a leg!" she smiles as I run down the stairs.

I jump in my motorcycle and turn the engine on. If there's something I've learnt in the past month is that a motorcycle is the quickest way to move around London. Some minutes later I park the vehicle and enter a coffee shop near to where the interview will take place.

I go to the bathroom and put a bit of make-up on.

After all, first impressions are really important. I sigh looking at myself in the mirror.

Would you say I'm 22 years old?

No, of course not. I look much younger. Always have.

So all I've got to prove that I'm mature enough to get the job is my CV. Either that or... Going back home.

I can't stay in London without something to pay my rent with. And I promised myself that if after a month I hadn't find a job, I'd return home. And that month expired yesterday.

So this is my last chance.

I grab the coffee and enter the building in front of me.

"Morning" I greet with a smile the man at reception "I'm here for the..."

"Interview?" he cuts me "Yeah, twelfth floor" he says with a forced smile.

"Thank you" I smile entering the elevator.

Once the doors close and I'm left alone, I take out the high heels from my handbag and put them on, putting the flats inside it.

I take the coffee cup I left on the floor on one hand and grab my handbag with the other.

The elevator dings and the doors open. I rush out of it and turn to my right, bumping into someone and spilling all my coffee on my brand new white blouse.

You could have bumped into the interviewer, first impressions are really important so don't curse.

"Oh, shit" the boy I've bumped with exclaims.