I

Everything was going semi-perfectly, Caitlynn had just finished moving into her new house inside the village and the villagers all seemed to be sweet and kind especially the children. She sat staring out of the black tinted glass window, watching a few of the children play soccer. They seemed so innocent, so defenseless just like her. She had quite a rough past herself, that's why she moved to this small village on the outskirts of town. She needed some time and space to think through her next plan of action.

She sighed and stood up, The sun is going to set soon... I should prepare dinner. She slowly made her way to the kitchen and gathered vegetables to make a stew. Her mind refused to stay in one place though, it almost seemed as if her brain kept telling her to put the knife down and start writing her letter. The letter... I totally forgot about that! Before she moved to the village, she was an accountant at one of the café's in town, she hadn't told her manager that she was quitting her job, so therefore she had to write a letter of resignation and deliver it to the manager. Why does everything have to be so complicated, it would have been so much easier to send an email... She put all the freshly chopped vegetables into a pot and began to add a bit of water.

It wasn't fair, her life was messed up all because of one man, the man who was supposed to be their humble creator. Notch... She shivered in fear at the mere mention of his name, he was supposed to protect his people, show them that he was worthy to be king, prove that he was capable of running the City, and yet... he couldn't even see the catastrophes happening in his own town...

How am I a monster if he's such a hero?

The thought lingered at the back of her mind. She had always been a good child, always got great marks in school, had a good job and was always helpful and respectful... But ever since she met Notch her life crumbled before her eyes. The endless threats the countless hours of torture, her mind couldn't take it, so she did the most logical thing that she could think of at the moment. She ran, she knew it was a stupid idea to run away from her problems, her father used to tell her that a lot... when he was alive that is.

She put the lid on the pot and turned to look out the window as her meal cooked. When she was just beginning her high school career the teachers always used to say, "You have to be good girls and good boys if you want to meet our humble creator." She remembered how she used to sit at her desk, fantasizing of the day she would meet Notch, she used to imagine a man who was always dressed presentably, a man who was always working on ways to keep everyone safe, but her mental images of the man were totally wrong. She had met a true monster...

She took a deep breath and tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall, he had ruined her life! How was she ever going to forgive him?

The doorbell rang giving the short blonde girl a fright but also an escape from her dreadful thoughts. She walked to the door and opened it, she smiled a sweet smile and greeted the woman before her. "Good evening Margaret, to what do I owe this wonderful surprise?" she opened the door further and allowed the tall woman to step inside, "A good evening to you too, I came to come check on you and help out if needed." Margaret gave Caitlynn a warm smile as she sat down on the pale blue sofa "My goodness, what smells so divine?" The short blonde let out a small giggle as she pointed to the kitchen "I was making stew for dinner, would you like some, it's almost ready." Margaret nodded her head, "That would be amazing, I haven't had the time to cook since I've been so busy at the school." Caitlynn walked into the living room and handed the woman a bowl of stew and a spoon as she sat across from her with her own bowl of stew on her lap. "How is the school? If you want I could help out, I need to look for a job anyway..." Margaret took a spoonful of the stew and placed it in her mouth, after chewing she replied, "It's been hectic lately, exams are coming up and the children are nervous wrecks, I just can't seem to get through all the work and set the exams."