4

The first five minutes of the drive out of the airport paths, everyone was more or less quiet, with Seokjin glancing at the two passengers through his rear-view mirror. Jungkook had the glow of his phone reflecting on his face as it flashed while he tapped at the screen, most likely playing a game while Taehyung just stared outside the window at the night lights. In these five minutes Seokjin was coaxing himself to day something. Anything. But nothing came out so he hopelessly continued to look out at the road. Surprisingly after a while, Jungkook was the first to speak up.

"So Seokjin-hyung," Jungkook began.

"Jin." Seokjin said, offering a small smile.

"Jin-hyung," Jungkook gave a bright grin, "Taehyung said that you painted during your free time?" Seokjin gave a nod, "What do you draw?"

"Well," actually Seokjin didn't really know as well, "I guess I just draw whatever comes to mind. Whether it's abstract, portraits of landscapes they kinda just pop into my head as I do it." he chuckled, "You know, I'm part of an exhibit in about two weeks, if you know, you want to come." Jungkook almost seemed to light up with excitement and was about to speak when Taehyung cut in with a low drawling voice.

"We don't have that kind of time." he said without looking away from the outside.

"Well I also never gave a specific time did I?" Seokjin shot back carefully. He was in an uncharted minefield right now and he had to be sure of what he might say. Luckily it seemed like he had just dodged a bullet because Taehyung said nothing while continuing to stare listlessly out of the car window.

Jungkook cut in slowly, "It's okay Jin-hyung. We are going to be kind of busy." he sank down into the cushion and went back to his phone, making it silent in the car once more. A good chunk of time had passed as they continued down the long winding highway to where Taehyung and Jungkook would be staying when, upon further consideration, Seokjin decided to start up the conversation again.

"So," he said, deciding to pop the big question, "are you two, dating?" he glanced back through the rear-view mirror watching as the two's posture changed. Jungkook bright red as he looked up from his phone and Taehyung tensing a little bit.

"N-no," Jungkook began, "we aren't right now." He shut his mouth after hearing what he just said his eyes becoming comedically large, "Wait I- I meant, what I mean, is um w-"

"We aren't. And frankly, I don't know why you care." Taehyung butted in as his eyes boring into Seokjin's through the mirror.

"Alright," Seokjin said with a hint of annoyance before deciding to leave it there and continued to drive.

Soon they reached the hotel Taehyung and Jungkook are supposed to stay at. The tall building shines brilliantly with lights showing through reaching an incredible height. Seokjin gently calls Jungkook, who despite his best efforts, still fell asleep. Afterwards he went to the car trunk to help Taehyung with luggage. They unload silently and as Seokjin began to lug Jungkook's suitcase to the entrance where the younger was waiting, Taehyung stopped him by pulling on his wrist to get Seokjin to face him. Impatiently, Seokjin stared at Taehyung to say what he wanted to say, for he had had enough of people randomly grabbing his wrist recently. To his surprise however, for once, Taehyung looked apologetic. It reminded him of Namjoon.

"Look hyung, um," Taehyung said bashfully, looking at the ground, "I'm really sorry about it earlier with the whole attitude thing," he rubbed the back of his neck, "it really was rude and I am sorry." He looked up, "forgive me?"

Seokjin looked at Taehyung, who was doing his best puppy eyes and sighed, "Sure." he said with a grin, "I'll forgive you," looking at the younger pump his fist, he cut in, "ah-ah," he wagged his finger giving him a stern look, "for now."