Chapter 14: The Elven Kingdom Part I

As Harry returned to the campsite with Tom in earliest hours of the morning; both of the tired and taxed wizards were rather surprised to see the rest of the party still awake and waiting for them to come back whole as and as mentally stable as they could from what they had learned here tonight.

When Harry passed them; walking tall with his shoulders straight and his magic feeling peaceful to all there as Tom's arm was curled about him, the elves who remained to guide them all bowed their heads respectfully and made a gesture of their finger in a symbol to their lips; one that Harry must have known what it meant, for he gave a slight and reserved smile to them before he inclined back and returned the gesture to each of them individually.

Seluna eyed Harry a moment; as if she was considering, before she too bowed her head and smiled to him in thanks and respect. She too made a gesture; though hers was different from her forest kin. Harry smiled to her and returned her gesture just the same; which caused a flicker of surprise to pass her features but otherwise she didn't react at all.

The harts were all standing and they eyed Harry with gazes of gentleness as they bent forward in a graceful bow; the males whose horns also barely grazing the dirt below, before lifting their heads and making soft sounds to him. Then, after they had stopped, they began resuming their kneeling position and tried to rest more before they had to move again; dawn was not far off now.

Tom eyed Harry a moment; he knew what the title of Lord of Magic was supposed to symbolize to the humans and to the races, but because the actions he saw and what he didn't know caused confliction in his knowledge...he felt rather out of depth here. He decided, however, the discussion he wanted to have could wait until they all had reached the capital.

When they had settled there for the time being and Harry and he had a spare moment to themselves to talk this over.

Harry sighed in weariness as he didn't bother to undress nor did he go to get any of the left-over food that was still warm near the fire. After everything he had learned, Harry wasn't very hungry and there was no point in undressing for bed since they'd only sleep for a little more than two hours. Tom made a face to the actions; but otherwise he said nothing, before he too gently laid down.

Harry automatically curled into him; relieved to feel the safety net of the magic of his bonded and know they were both still here. Tom tightened his arms to Harry's mid-section and burrowed his face to his shoulder. Harry smiled sleepily as he made a slight humming sound; one that was pleased by the actions.

The red irises softened to the sight of Harry so relaxed now beside of him, "You're safe here with me, beloved. I'll never again let someone else cause you such agony." He whispered as Harry stilled but did not respond; his only reaction was to breathe out and in slowly as his mind drifted off.

Tom's red irises; they changed rapidly in emotion to the sight. They were both soft as they gazed to Harry and likely now always would be at most times, yet they also seemed to be firm within his resolve to do as he had said.

Tom knew internally; he couldn't protect Harry from everything even if he tried; they had too many enemies. But, Tom promised to Harry and to himself that he'd not let harm he could prevent happen to either of them and their own children once that happened. He wouldn't let harm he could prevent come to the alliances or even to their own followers and their families.

Being a Dark Lord; the thought was somewhat a paradox, as he often doled pain out in punishments for failures. Something that he had tried in recent months to curb a bit; he did not need all his followers losing their minds before he won this war. Nor after when he would need their advice as to how best to restructure and rebuild if necessary.