𝓞𝓵𝓭 𝓶𝓮𝓷 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓫 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓹𝓲𝓹𝓮𝓼 ︳13

Too shy to say,

Too shy to say,

but I hope you stay

- Billie Eilish 

"Well in retrospect, I thought you did really well today, Foster. I'm proud of you."

Sophie blushed and fidgeted with the corners of her bedsheet. "Thanks," she said quietly. "But I really don't think I did that well. I mean I hysterical cried at least twice. And it took ages for me to finally work up the courage to tell all of them."

Keefe nudged her, getting Sophie to finally look at him. "What you did today wasn't easy. Do you think any of us are going to think any less of you? It took a lot of courage to tell us about... Jolie. If anything, we all think you're incredibly strong."

Sophie nodded, although she still wasn't entirely convinced. Keefe seemed to take this as the opportunity to climb onto Sophie's bed.

"Nuh-uh," Sophie giggled, "no smelly boys on my bed!"

Keefe huffed and lay down on the floor grumbling.

"Sophie!" Edaline called from downstairs. "You have another visitor!"

Sophie and Keefe looked at each other with confusion and turned towards the door to find Dex standing there.

"Hey, Sophie..." Dex said, trailing off when he noticed Keefe. "Keefe, I didn't know you'd be here. Although I should have since wherever Sophie goes, you go." Dex added the last part quietly, so quietly she almost didn't hear it.

Sophie wasn't sure who blushed harder; her or Keefe.

"Dex," Sophie smiled, trying to hide her confusion as to why he'd stopped by. It wasn't like they were very close. "What brings you here?"

"I... I thought I'd check in on you and see how you're doing, and I also wanted to ask you," Dex glanced at Keefe again, "... something."

"I feel like... I should go..." Keefe muttered, running a hand through his hair.

Sophie looked at Dex, Dex looked at Keefe, Keefe looked at Sophie.

Well this is awkward

Dex stepped closer to Sophie looking very flustered. "I, uh... I'm not sure if you've told Keefe so I-"

"Told Keefe what?" Keefe asked.

Sophie opened and closed her mouth. She was utterly confused. "I... I have no idea!"

"The... the Mr Forkle... thing," Dex answered vaguely.

Sophie shook her head whilst Keefe downright angry.

"What did Mr Forkle do?" Keefe demanded.

"Well, it's not what he did... it's more like what he said." Sophie answered, looking at Dex for help. Dex who just waved his hands and said, "don't look at me, I just happened to overhear the conversation. I didn't understand a word of what he meant."