Dancing Into The Spotlight✨

This idea is by my dear friend Adora_bl3

Luz stared at herself in the mirror as she listened to the other auditions in deathly silence. The gentle chimes of a sad guitar and an angelic voice singing the melody of “Riptide” by an artist Luz frequently listened to. Luz nearly found herself nodding to the beat of the soft drumming and guitars as the two Blight twins sung their hearts out. Luz smiled as she listened to Edric and Emira sing together while they played their instruments like there was no tomorrow. 

It didn’t take long for the youngest of Blights to quickly rush in with a groan. Luz raised an eyebrow as she looked at Amity through the mirror before she turned around and spoke curiously, “Something wrong?” Amity’s face went red as she slowly put two and two together as she spoke softly to herself, “Oh.. so this is why they dragged me here-” 

Luz’s confusion only got worse from the mumbling as she stepped towards Amity and put a hand on her shoulder while she chimed, “Amity? You there or did you break again?” Amity felt herself jump from the sudden contact, her eye’s shooting to meet the Latina’s worried gaze. “Huh? Oh, yeah yeah yeah I’m uh.. I’m ok uhm.. soooo what’re you doing here anyways……?” Luz let out her infectious laughter that made Amity’s heart skip a beat as Luz grinned widely and spoke, “The same thing you’re doing here! I’m competing.”

Amity seemed lost at Luz’s statement as she tilted her head and repeated Luz’s words, “You're here to compete?” Luz raised a gentle brow as she nodded and cupped Amity’s face and spoke curiously while she teased her friend by tilting her head around to scan her for any damage, “You sure you’re ok? You’re acting like you got hit over the head Ami.” Amity’s face went a deep shade of red as she pushed Luz away from her as she scowled, “I.. I thought I told you not to do th.. that!” 

Luz opened her mouth to reply but she was interrupted by a voice who cheerfully spoke, “Mittens you actually came?” Amity’s face went even redder as she frowned and spoke in annoyance, “You didn’t give me a chance. You took my scroll and ran off like a mad man Edric.” The twin grinned at his younger sister as he crossed his arms and chimed happily, “Me? Nooooo I would never! I think you have the wrong twin Mittens!” Amity narrowed her eyes as she stared at Edric, obviously being unamused by his jokes as a feminine voice interrupted the group, effectively saving Edric from his death. “I said next? I’ve already seen you two, so you other two come out on stage, I wanna see whatcha got!” 

Amity opened her mouth before Luz nodded towards the director and took Amity’s hand which made Amity shut her mouth rather quickly. Luz smiled at the twins as she playfully bowed and chirped, “I suppose that’s my que!” Amity nodded slowly as she watched Luz leave after Amity pried her hand away. The twins smirked down at their younger sister before they wrapped their arm around Amity’s shoulders and began to walk towards the stage opening where Luz was. “Awww Mittens miss her girlfriend already?” Amity squeaked as she tried to stop but it was far too late as she was pushed on stage and a small demon was covering the backstage entrance with the twin’s help. 

Amity felt her ears pin to the side of her head as she looked out towards the director who just cocked an eyebrow and smiled patiently before she looked down and began to scribble down things on a little paper. Amity swallowed hard as Luz looked at Amity in shock as the soft music began to play. The soft melody of the music made the teen step away from Luz who just smiled and took Amity’s hand as she whispered softly, “Just take a deep breath and follow my lead.”

Amity looked down at their intertwined hands before she looked up at Luz who pulled Amity close and hummed with the melody of the song before she softly sang, “There I was again tonight.. Forcing laughter, faking smiles..” Amity felt her heart flutter as her mind blocked out everything but the teen in front of her while she smiled and was swung around while Luz laughed and danced with the other woman. It seemed like time went fast as she was pulled close and spun around, eventually stopped to look at the honey brown eyes while she sang, “I was so enchanted to meet you..” 

Luz’s smile grew as Amity blushed at the lyrics while she danced around the stage, slowly being dragged back to the times the two had danced together during grom. Their dancing was formal then, but this time it was haphazard from the joy and excitement of the music. The two had gotten so immersed within the music that by time the song had come to an end, Luz had ditched the lyrics and softly sang as the music slowly faded out, “Amity I was so in love with you.”