-14-

Lieutenant Klahan knows something is wrong when he reverts back to consciousness and he's sat on the chair in the comforts of his own house with no memory of how he got home in the first place. His last memory is of him getting inside his car then he feels someone from behind him and he's passed out. 

The lieutenant is not tied on the chair but he feels his body aching all over. 

"Good. You're awake."

Klahan's first instinct is to grab his gun and shoots the bastard who dared to do this to him but when he feels his holster empty, dread fills his body. His fear clearly shows on his now pale face prompting the bastard to laugh at him. 

Klahan's body turns rigid. He knows that laugh. 

Finally lifting his head, Klahan sees a very familiar face. Someone who frequents his precinct. Detective Suthilak's boyfriend, if he could remember it correctly. 

"Arthit. In case you don't know my name, lieutenant," Arthit says and softly smiles. Then, Arthit continues to eat Guay Teow. As to why Arthit's at his house, in his dining room, eating as if it's the most normal thing to do, Klahan doesn't know and truth be told, he doesn't mind.

The only thing Klahan minds is that he's not in danger and he can get out of this situation unscathed. With Arthit only eating, calm, no firearms in him— everything is under control. Klahan mentally mocks himself at being scared. This very adorable innocent-looking young man, what can he do to him? Harm him? No. Pout at him because Klahan is giving his boyfriend a hard time? Most likely.

With those thoughts swirling in his mind, Klahan's nervousness leaves his body. Slouching on his seat, he regards Arthit with an authoritative look. "What do you want? Are you here to tell me not to give a hard time on Suthilak? Or do you want me to take care of your boyfriend at work?" Klahan yawns. "Tell me fast, young man, I have another interview about my wife's death tomorrow."

"No, our talk doesn't concern Kong's work," Arthit sets his empty bowl on the table and drinks the can of cola by his side. Leaning towards the table with his hands set atop on the surface, Arthit continues, "I'm here because you stole something from me."

"Stole what?"

"My M.O.? Is that familiar to you, lieutenant? I have to give it to you though, you did it nicely you were able to deceive everyone."

Klahan's face has gone white again. He doesn't need to be pointed out of the obvious that this young man right here is the same man they've been chasing for months. He's the cola psycho. Of course, it's always the one you least expect. And of course, as fate would've wanted it, the killer is the person in a relationship with the lead detective handling the case. 

With his defense posture back, Klahan subtly tries to reach for his phone or anything to attack Arthit but he finds nothing. This is all smartly planned. 

Arthit smirks. "Do you think I'm dumb?" 

"I don't know what M.O. you're talking about."

Arthit rolls his eyes mocking the man. "Drop the theatrics, lieutenant. We both know you killed your own wife," Arthit softly smiles at the shocked face of the man. "What? Are you too dumb to use someone else's M.O., can't you think of anything? You could've asked someone to kill your wife then use a burner phone or a bitcoin to pay off your part... like what Kong told me."

Arthit shakes his head in disappointment. "Honestly? You've been in this service for years yet you haven't picked up any technique yet? Are you scared your best detective might know it's you? You could've taken that risk, better than stealing what's mine."