In Your Time

“The circulatory system, also referred to as the cardiovascular system or vascular system is a network consisting of blood, blood vessels and the heart supplying tissues in the body with oxygen and other necessary nutrients, transports hormones, and removes unnecessary waste products.” Ye Ji explained the circulatory system to the class full of students.

It was a rather long lecture but she tried to make it as engaging and interactive as possible. Anatomy and physiology topics could be dry due to the amount of memorizing and information one had to remember to not just explain one particular system but to connect it to other topics as well. As she moved on to the Q&A section of their class, the clock chimed indicating the end of the class.

“Please try to attempt the essay questions on the circulatory system before our next class. It will help you to revise and prepare for your finals.” Ye Ji packed up her materials and rushed to the teacher’s office.

She was finally going back home after two weeks. Her entire family was gathering, including her niece. She could barely focus on anything else, the excitement took over. After each class, she would plan out and prepare for her following classes but today she was too excited to focus on anything. She packed up hastily and briskly walked to the carpark.

Ye Ji’s mother seemed to have something crucial to speak to her about. She had been dropping hints all week long, however, despite trying to get it out of her, her mother refused to tell her what it was about exactly. She only hoped it was good news or something positive.

Her parents had been working and meeting with the CEO of GM including his family, she was excited to meet them but she rarely had time so she had to, unfortunately, miss a few family gatherings. But they seemed to be working together well professionally and personally. Becoming friends quickly, her mother constantly talked about the CEO, Kim Soo Hyun, and his mother. She was delighted her mother found a friend and elated her father’s campaign was progressing well with the partnership of GM.

“Omma, I’m driving into the carpark, see you in 5 minutes.” Ye Ji’s mother called her as she was driving into the carpark of her parent’s condominium.

Before she could even reach the door of their house, she saw her mother standing with the door open, waiting for her. “You came!!.” Her mother exclaimed excitedly, rushing to hug her. “Come in come in, aigoo why did you bring so much stuff.”

“Welcome home my daughter! It’s been so long. Come here. Appa missed you so much.” Her father rushed to her and engulfed her in a bear hug.

Growing up she did have disputes and disagreements with her parents, however as she became older and an adult, she opened up to her parents and tried to understand their perspective instead of deeming their logic as foreign or unacceptable immediately. Not only did this improve their relationship with each other but it brought them closer.

“Omma are we having guests over? Why did you prepare so many dishes?” Ye Ji gasped at the number of main dishes with over ten side dishes all spread out on the elongated dining table, enough to fit more than ten people at one sitting.

“What do you mean guests? It’s just us, you and your sister and brother-in-law. You’re coming over after so long and you don’t expect me to feed you. What do you think of me?” her mother said, slightly offended by her remark.

“I miss you too! After dinner, we’ll sneak out and drink some beer together alright.” Ye Ji hugged her mother, consoling her.

Barely a few minutes after she arrived, her sister, niece, and brother-in-law poured into the house. A little chaotic with everyone greeting each other with hugs and remarks of missing each other and updating each other. Trying to hug and give affection to her baby niece.