Chapter 1

"Get out of my sight you good for nothing wastes of space!" I ducked as a plate came flying our way but Sophie, my best friend/sister wasn't so lucky the plate hit the wall and shattered and shards of china cut her face gasping in pain she ran up the stairs and into our room away from our drunk father. Me and Sophie had both been adopted by Nick when we were babies, we knew that we wern't biologically related but we were best friends as well as adopted sisters. Our first 16 years with Nick and his wife Maisie they always bought us the latest things as well as anything we wanted but that all changed about 2 years ago when Maisie came home one day and told us all that she had stage 3 brest cancer and that there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. She died later that month aged just 38 and thats where everything fell apart, Nick would get drunk to take away the pain of losing his wife and when he was drunk he would get angry if we didn't do what he asked us or even if we did we would be doing it wrong so he beat us. We have bruises all over our bodies and we are not allowed to leave home because he has made us his personal slaves. Everything revolves around him, we get up make him breakfast in bed and iron his clothes and polish his shoes, get ready ourselves go to school, come home, do homework while he is still at work then prepare and cook dinner, wash the dishes, got to bed and it starts all over again.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! "Em pick up your damn phone!!!!" Sophie moaned at me from face down in her bed across the room. "Alright, alright" I groaned back at her, I bet it is going to be either the wrong number or my ex-boyfriend wanting to get back together when I was the one who caught him cheating on me in MY back garden with some blonde bimbo from the netball squad. "Hello?" I questioned when no caller ID came up, "Hello, is this Emily Hood?" The voice replied from the other end of the phone "Yeah, who's asking?" this was weird I never get phone calls like this even my best friend/sister Sophie had pulled her head up out of her cacoon to listen but all I heard from the other line was "LUKE, ASH, MIKEY I'VE FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!!!" pressing the speaker phone button so Soph could hear as well, her eyes lit up as she heard those names, they were the names of our 2nd favourite band members but they were only missing "Calum?" I questioned hearing an Australian accent when he spoke, how the hell did he managed to get my number I mean he is in one of the biggest bands in the world and the are touring with our all time favourite band One Direction! "Yeah how do you know my name and what do you want because I'm only allowed a certain time on my phone otherwise my step dad will confiscate it and punish me, so I haven't got long." My little rant was met with silence then "Em, your my sister."