me spilling the tea my ex

*inhales deeply* ok so I dated a guy who was two years older *laughs nervously*.

It all started when I saw this production of Oliver, and he played The Artful Dodger, and I didn't stand a chance from there. He had a top hat (which is why I later got mine), cockney British accent, and literally moped the stage floor with how talented he was. It instantly became my number one dream role, and an ambition to someday meet him and talk about theater geekery and stuff.

So I get into this production of a Christmas Story, and get Esther Jane, the school popular girl (only it takes place in like 1940) who has an overwhelming crutch on the male lead. Shock and surprise guess who Flick gets? Flick. Not the male lead. It's why I'm calling him Flick (I feel like it would be an invasion of his privacy and I honestly still miss him sm).

So we're in this play together and I can meet him! So one rehearsal after my friend informs me that he had been "looking at you" I decide to introduce myself at the end cause he's popular and I'm a chicken so there's no way in hell I'm doing it in front of the cool older kids.

So I do so and crash and burn.

Next rehearsal we hang out the whole time and I'm just vibrating with butterflies. We hang out every rehearsal after that and my friend's brother (yes the same friend who told me about him checking me out) was really good friends with Flick, and so she'd report things (this is bringing back memories oms). Btw if y'all are wondering why I swear so fricking much it's his fault.

Tech two days rolls around (legit the snow days d e s t r o y e d our tech week) and things start to heat up. By this time we're really good friends and low key kinda act like a married couple (I'm talking arms around one each other's shoulders, holding hands SKIPPING I SWEAR TO THE LORD WE SKIPPED).

Opening night, my friend has just reported her brother sitting flick down and saying

"it's obvious you like her"

*grins like a buffoon*

"are you gonna ask her out?"

*shrugs while still smiling* "I don't know."

So all night he's going back and forth with it until finally he gets up the guys and asks me out, I say yes. Since it's a two year age gap, we go to separate schools, and his parents are hella strict, we don't see each other until the middle school musical, where for some reason both middle schools do it together.

We had been kinda texting until then, but when we finally did start the middle school production, and first two rehearsals things were great. My friend even called me during one I wasn't at, gives him the phone, and he runs out into the hallway. But as the rehearsals progressed, he kinda just ditched me to hang out with his friends. This one time we were just talking and my friend was eavesdropping and I'm just like

"Oh yeah this was the girl who made you call me." And I was called to do something, but she tells me that when I had left he had told her

"No offense but you're really weird" and I'm like,

"Everyone says that about you though and you don't mind it then."

So then all of a sudden right before Valentine's Day he asks me if I wanted to go over to his house and we could watch a movie and I say sure.

So here I am, stressing slightly but mainly just really excited, waiting, and waiting, until I finally text/ask him what's happening and he just cancels on v-day.

Then a couple days later he breaks up because we're not going to see each other in two years after he graduated, his parents were as controlling as literal hell, and some too young shit. This all just kinda destroyed me, I was out of commission for a week.

So then in quarantine I started texting him a bit again, and so that lasted about three days.

Then I get into this huge fight with THAT SAME FRIEND THAT MADE HIM CALL ME and it put me in a slight mental breakdown (that would be a tea spilling for another time). I tried texting and calling but he never picked up when I really needed him.

So the moral of the story is be gay, you'll be a lot happier that way.

I know there are a lot worse things and I am blessed to not have experienced them, but y'all asked for the tea. Idk it was just really weird, but I don't regret it at all. If it wasn't for him I would've never gotten a top hat or cockney accent. Thanks for listening bye.