°°°7°°°

Hawaii was absolutely breathtaking!  From the moment I saw it from the window to the time it  took us to ride in a limo to the magnificent hotel we'd be staying at, I hadn't said hardly a word. I couldn't find my voice in all the elegance and expensive stuff.

Our hotel was so big and probably over a few thousand bucks a night. Could I really be subject to this kind of wealth? My family had had money, but they'd never spent much of it on me!

Now I sat in our penthouse suite, gazing out the double windows facing the ocean and beautiful horizon.

"I'm going. You can do whatever you want until six. We have a dinner appointment then." I hadn't noticed Rome was standing behind me, and I jumped of the couch, the tray of appetizers that was on my lap clattering to the floor.

"Um...alright. Where are you going?" My voice was shaky as I stood there gazing at my husband. He was stunning in his black tux. Even then, though, his hair had been run through my his hand, messing up it's combing.

"I don't recall that being any of your concern." His voice was harsh as he looked at me with a scowl.

"Well, what I do recall is that I am your wife and this is our honeymoon. I have the right to know where you're going." I fired back with an equal amount of harshness.

"Fine. I'm meeting someone from Ireland. This was the only place they could meet and we have some important business stuff to work out." His brilliant eyes bore through my soul as he glared at me.

"Alright." I said quietly, and I knew he knew he had won. With three strides, the magnificent man before me was out the penthouse door, and off to meet with some a stranger.

Great. What was I going to do here for three hours? Glancing out the window one last time, I decided I would go walk the beach. I mean, how many times would I get to go to Hawaii?

As I walked past the receptionist in the lobby, I tried to avoid her glare. When we had first entered the hotel, she had been very callous toward me. Probably because she wanted Rome.

"Where are you going, Mrs. Carlisle?" We caught eye contact, and her over made up eyes glared hatefully at me. She was probably about nineteen, with dull brown hair and dull brown eyes. Her nametag said "Tilani" and I didn't think it could get anymore Hawaiian. Her nose was the largest part of her face, though, and I grimaced at the size.

"I don't recall that being any of your concern." I used the same line Rome did. I really wasn't in the mood for this girl.

"Well I saw your husband leave not to long ago. Aren't people supposed to stay together on their honeymoons?" Tilani's voice was sickly sweet, but I did feel little embarrassed at being left on my honeymoon.

"Aren't snobby receptionists supposed to keep their thoughts to themselves?" My voice was just as sweet, and I loved watching her reaction. "And I'm sure you're well aware of who my husband is and what that makes me, so if I were you," I leaned forward and whispered, "I would fear for my career."

Tilani's face filled with horror, and I held back a laugh as I walked away, leaving her bumbling about something stupid.

×°×°×°×

The beach was amazing. I literally walked on it for three hours before I finally went back to the penthouse to get ready. I was dressed to the nines. I had on a long, red evening dress, diamond jewelry, and my hair straight down my back to my waist. I wore black strapped heels and, of course, red lipstick.

Sitting down in the lobby, I ignored everyone as I waited for Rome to come get me. I waited for seven minutes. He was late...surprise!

"Excuse me, Mrs. Carlisle?" I looked up to see a hot young man standing above me. In fact, if I didn't know Rome, I might have said this stranger was the hottest man I'd ever seen. He was definitely the second.

"Yes?" No doubt my voice was hesitant.

"Me name is Swaggart Brodie. I was wondering if I might escort ye to dinner?" My jaw dropped at this.

"I...Um...My husband..." I hadn't an idea of what to say. What was he talking about?

"Yar husband is the one who sent me to bring you." His thick Irish accent was kind of adorable, but I was still skeptical. Noticing my skepticism, Swaggart spoke again. "I assure you, I'm no freak trying to land meself a wealthy lady." He let out a small laugh.

"Alright." I stood up and took his offered arm. He began leading me towards a waiting limo outside the lobby doors. After I was helped in, we were off.

×°×°×°×

"Do you have a reservation?" The young stewardess wasn't even trying to hide the flirtation in her voice as she asked both Rome and Swaggart, but not me. Of course not me.

"Carlisle." Was all Rome said before the girl nearly fainted.

"Oh! Mr. Carlisle! And you must be Mr. Brodie! I apologize for not recognising you before! Um, let me show you to your table." The girl was blustering pointlessly.

The two men exchanged amused looks before thanking her. I just exchanged a jealous glance with myself...

I was kind of shocked when Rome pulled out a chair for me, and both of the men waited until I was seated before seating themselves. Then, something amazing happened; Rome laughed.

Not just any laugh, a deep, thoroughly amused laugh that made my flesh tingle. Swaggart joined in and soon I found myself laughing also.

"Oh, I hate that kind of attention." Rome had finished laughing, but was still smiling beautifully.

"As do I." Swaggzrt sighed contentedly, a smile still on his face also.

It was silent as we all kind of just sat there smiling.

"Well I almost got someone fired today." I said casually, and almost burst out laughing again at Swaggart's face.

"Somehow that doesn't surprise me." Rome said with the hint of a smile on his perfect features.

"What?" Swaggart's face was priceless.

"Well she was rude, so I threatened her job." I was so matter-of-factly that it kind of surprised me.

"Yeah, she was sort of hostile towards you. I noticed when we first arrived."

"Wow. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or scared at the moment" I laughed at Swaggart's comment.

The restaurant we were at was super fancy. We were in a far back corner, but everyone at the joint was either staring at us or pointing and whispering.

Rome acted normal around Swaggart, and it didn't take long to find out that they had been friends since childhood. That is, until Swaggart had had to go back to Ireland when they were sixteen.

Rome was nice to me. He included me in conversations and they both asked me questions. For the first time in a while, I felt like my husband didn't actually hate me.

We must've been quite a laugh. I couldn't help thinking this as everyone stared at us.

At our table, we had a Russian, an Irishman, and a Britain. Well at least that's what our accents foretold.

We were just in the middle of listening to a rather hilarious story from Swaggart when suddenly Rome froze. His hand grabbed mine and he unconsciously squeezed hard. I followed his gaze and felt the same strange jolt.

Walking through the grand double doors was the most beautiful women I'd ever seen; bleach blonde hair, big brown eyes, and a killer dress on.

Rome sighed as he snapped out of his surprised trance. Letting go of my now sore hand, I watched as Swaggart's eyes got big as he started at her also.

I heard the Russian sigh, annoyed.

"What the heck are you doing here, Ameliana?"