Good Omens - the saga continues

"Why are we here?" Crowley asked and looked questioningly at a stuffed unicorn that played music when you pressed its middle. Aziraphale, who was walking beside him with a shopping basket, gave him a curious side-glance.

"We are getting a present for Adam, for his birthday," the angel explained.

"Why are we buying the Antichrist a birthday present when he can conjure up whatever he wants whenever he wants it?"

"He got rid of his powers. Besides, it's customary," the angel said and couldn't believe they were having this discussion. "That's what people do. Especially considering we are his Godfathers."

"We were the Godfathers of a different kid," Crowley reminded him. "The wrong kid actually."

"We are still invited to his birthday."

"Which you should have said no to. We don't really know these people, Angel."

"Does that mean you're making me go alone?" Aziraphale asked and looked both wounded and disappointed at his companion. The demon opened his mouth to reply but stopped himself when he saw the look on the angel's face.

"No, I didn't say that." The demon comforted him with a softer voice that clearly indicated that he had in fact intended not to go, but now he was going anyway. Aziraphale brightened immediately at his words. Crowley waved a hand round at the shop. "Just get whatever you're buying him and let's get home." The demon started walking. "I'll wait by the car." The angel looked lovingly after him before he walked to the cashier to buy the birthday present.

"Hello, how are you doing," Aziraphale said to the cashier when he approached. "Can I have this wrapped please, it's a birthday present."

"Of course."

"Thank you." The angel smiled and began to get out some money.

"Would you like a card with it?" The cashier asked and pointed at ten different birthday cards to her right. Aziraphale stopped smiling.

"A card?" The angel couldn't believe he had forgotten about the card. He looked at the ten different motives and had no idea which to choose for a twelve-year-old boy. Did he like pirates? Space races? Animals? Aziraphale looked toward the window and tried to get Crowley's attention. The demon was leaning against his car and saw nothing. "I don't know what to choose. I'm afraid I might need some assistance, if I could just pop out and get..." the angel pointed toward the demon.

"Oh, I'll get him for you," a teenage girl said while sending Crowley an interested look.

"That would be so very nice of you, thank you," Aziraphale said with his most friendly smile. The girl walked out to Crowley.

"Uh, excuse me," she said and walked up to him, looking him up and down with a shy smile. The demon turned his head and looked at her. "Your husband wants you to come back in."

"What?!" Crowley asked and stared disbelieving at the girl before he looked up and found the angel behind the window waving at him with an innocent smile. "What now?" He asked himself and walked back inside with the young girl following him. "Don't tell me you forgot to bring money." The demon walked over and placed himself next to the angel.

"No, I have money, but we need to pick out a card," the angel said and pointed to the ten different ones. Crowley stared at Aziraphale for a few seconds before he looked at the birthday cards.

"We?" He asked incredulous and stared back at the angel. "We are not picking any cards."

"Oh, do you think we should make it ourselves – my dear, what a wonderful..."