Chapter 1: "Bright lights Big City" and "Party of the Year"

I sighed loudly as the car pulled up to a Brooklyn townhouse.

"Oh stop whining!" my sister said "It's not that bad."

While she spoke cop sirens blared in the distance, I laughed under my breathe,

"Oh the irony" I said while getting out the car and proceeding to slam the door.

"C'mon! Give it a try. I know some girls your age from last summer. They should still live here." my oldest brother said while leaning against the car.

I rolled my eyes and agreed with him. He tugged on my shirt and dragged me over to a basketball court, where some boys were hanging out.

He yelled," Aye, Chad's back!"

When he said that almost everyone playing crowded us, dapping Chad up.

"Wassup fam'?!" one of them said, coming up to him in a "bro-hug".

He was kind of cute to me I thought to myself as I stood to the side. I remembered him from years back, his name was Thad.
He nudged me a little and whispered in my ear.

"You have gotten cuter since you were 13." He said to me .

I laughed a little and said,"So have you."

I was letting my brother get his recognition until he said my name, acknowledging my existence to everyone there.

"Aye! This my littlest sister, Micayla. She never came up with me during the summer cause she was too busy loving Chicago." he said while doing a funny face and throwing up the "sarcastic quotation mark" fingers.

"Hey y'all!" I said smiling at them.
I used to come up all the time when I was thirteen but it got boring so I stopped coming and just stayed in Chicago.

They all spoke to me and greeted me into the neighborhood the most warming way. New York might not even be that bad-- I hope.

-

Pt. 2: "Party of the Summer"

I sat in my new room, scrolling down my newsfeed, completely unbothered until Chad had walked in and sat on the bed. Did I mention that he was talking awfully loud on the phone to someone.

I looked at him with a look that said "Uh.. Hello! Why are you in here?". I nudged his shoulder with my foot and he kicked it away.

"Man that party gonna' be hella' lit! I'm gonna' ask her tho! Aight, I'll catch you there." he said while hanging up the phone.

Before he could put the phone down and could lay one pupil on me, I declined.

Chad," Come onnnn sis! It's gone be fun! Trust me!"

I sighed loudly and agreed once again with him.

"Okay! Okay! Whatever to get you out my room." I said throwing a pillow at him.

"Yes! I love you too!" He said trying to hug me and kiss my cheek.

"Eww! Get off me boy!" I said as we both laughed.

He hugged me and ran out my room, almost falling.

I got up and put some clothes on and then threw my hair into a bun. A crop and high-waist shorts was my fashion desire to wear tonight. I didn't have to take a shower because I already had took one.

"I just hope its fun." I said while slipping into my Jordans.

As soon as I said that Chad runs in and picks me up.

"Let's go nigga! I got some girls waiting for me" he said running out the with me on his shoulder "Bye sis! We about to turn up! Be back at 12!"

Before Jessica could respond he slammed the door and threw me into the front seat.