Synopsis

DISCLAIMER

This story will involve topics of abuse and mental health struggles. This story may also include descriptions pertaining to self-harm in future chapters, (warnings will be disclaimed prior to each chapter in those cases). In addition, this story will be set as an AU in which El has never had her powers.

***********

Life is an array of daisies and trauma. There are bursts of beautiful colors and sensations that starkly contrast against the wounds that seamlessly hide within one's inner heart. Pain painted firmly within perfected peace is a haunting concept; however, that simply is life.

El Hopper had been born and raised within the dark. For her whole life, she felt as though she had never seen the sun. She once suffered cruel endeavors of abuse at the hands of her manic mother that she swore left deep gashes within her soul. Her father and savior; Jim Hopper, had revived her from that harsh environment the second he learned of her existence.

Since then, the girl grew with embedded trust issues. She flinched when people got too close and felt panic every time she had to meet someone new. So, when her father informed her that she had to begin attending a Support Group at the start of her senior year, immediate anxiety filled every crevice of her mind. El was brilliantly shy and kept to herself, which meant she did not mingle amongst any peers.

It is often the largest, most challenging changes that bring humans joy. And while she didn't know it yet, she was going to meet light for the first time. The sun is precious and often can be provided by endless love and self-acceptance.

This is a story about trauma meeting tranquility. And El Hopper meeting her iridescent light; Mike Wheeler.