Mémoire: Unconquerable

meganni

Summary:
TW: the first scene of this chapter includes an attempt at sexual assault (by a fictional, made-up character), it lasts until the ► sign. the next scene will have some victim blaming and downplay of said attempt, which also may be triggering to some, so you can skip that to the next date. please read with care!

Detail:
-Same as past details
-No real smut (I'll post a smut filled on soon)
-Kind of a cliffhanger but you'll understand
     what would happen
-Everything aligns

Chapter 2: The Resolve

┌ august, fifth. twenty-fifteen. ┐

The registration for fall semester courses, the application for combined and double majors – everything Yoongi hates during the first few days of August, but it has to be done on his part. Graduation is approaching, a lot of fuzzy feelings and unresolved tension left hanging in the air.

Between two buildings of the entirety of campus, even in the shade, Yoongi feels like burning up. He's sporting jeans and a tee shirt, covering as much skin as he can without boiling, as it turns easily red under the Sun rays. Not to mention, he's supposed to meet Hoseok anytime now.

He sort of hates that strange, but familiar, thumping in his chest – some sort of excitement over meeting an Alpha that resembles the Sun Yoongi desperately avoids. Hoseok has come to meet his dance teacher in the P.E. building, and they are supposed to grab some coffee after this. Nothing more than that, he supposes.

"You will never find a nice Alpha if you act like this, Yoongi," is what his mother used to tell him, when he'd dab cotton pads soaked with aloe vera cream against the bruises his father left on her body. He was thirteen years old at the time. "Don't go against the leaders, just listen to them. Make yourself useful."

She always looked sickly, worn-out, beaten both physically and mentally. Once a beautiful and young woman with all the potential in the world, crushed by what their society deems tradition. Yoongi being an Omega in their family meant he's told to shut up, follow orders and watching his mother get beaten was a lecture from his father on how an Omega should act.

Fuck that, he thinks to himself with a scoff. I will act however I fucking want.

Yoongi didn't realize he's been staring at the sky until an Alpha scent hits his nose and retracts his attention elsewhere. For a split second, he'd assumed that Hoseok finally came about, from the tingling woody undertone all Alphas have to them. He then gets another whiff, of rosewood, leather and black coffee.

"Yoon, baby," Jaehwa greets and Yoongi curses his fucking luck. Bumping into this asshole everywhere doesn't even feel like coincidence anymore, it feels calculated. "Been a while."

We literally saw each at the café last week, Yoongi thinks as he turns to look at the Alpha before him, tall and broad, black skinny jeans and white dress shirt, top buttons undone. Yoongi can't seem to figure why he's wearing that on such a hot day, but he also spots the damned grin. The one Jaehwa makes when he feels like he's got the world under his fingertips.

The world–or, well, Yoongi in this case.

"I don't wanna talk to you. Just leave," the younger brushes it off, turning his gaze away and taking equal measures by attempting to walk away from this situation. It doesn't feel safe at all and it's even worse when Jaehwa grabs his wrist like every time Yoongi tries to leave, digging his fingers into the skin as means to leave his scent and mark.