A story of a Diehard fan-2

One day, news spread like wildfire: an actor had died. The actor was the protagonist of our story. His wife, the actress Avneet Kaur, watched the news on TV, tears streaming down her face.

Avneet's POV:

I never imagined this day would come so soon—the day when my husband, my love, my other half, would be gone. I retreated to our bedroom, where every object reminded me of him. The beautiful moments we shared, the sad times we endured, and the challenges we faced together all flooded my mind. He had promised me on our wedding day that he would always be by my side, so why did he leave me like this? Why? The question pounded in my head relentlessly.

If I hadn't answered that call, my life might not have turned out this way. The call that changed everything.

Two years ago, I had been a successful actress, but I decided to quit my only TV show, "Aladdin” because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I also lost one of my favorite platforms, TikTok, which had made me famous. My popularity waned, but I didn't let it bother me too much. Acting, dancing, and singing were my passions, and I had always dreamed of marrying my love and living happily ever after.

Then came a call from Armaan, Marvel India's manager.

Armaan: "I'm Armaan from Marvel. We're interested in having you audition for upcoming Marvel movies."

I told him I wasn't interested in acting at the moment. I abruptly ended the call, not wanting to hear more. My manager, who was my father, was always a great motivator and very supportive. I was already stressed from losing my followers on Instagram, and now pranksters had started calling me on my personal number. Marvel was a huge brand, and I didn’t think I was capable of meeting their standards. There were so many rules for actors in their films.

The next morning, I usually skipped breakfast with my family, but that day I woke up early due to the sound of holy hymns from a neighbor’s house. I joined my family at the dining table, and as usual, my brother teased me about my early arrival.

Avneet’s Dad: "Armaan, the manager from Marvel India, called you about an audition. I verified that it wasn't a prank and scheduled an appointment for 1 PM at Studio D3. So, be ready. If it goes well, your popularity could increase globally."

I smiled, hoping to do well.

Author's POV:-

In the present, Avneet looked at a photo on her phone of herself and Pravin from when they first met.

Flashback:

In the afternoon, we arrived punctually for the audition and met with Armaan, the Marvel manager. He directed me to enter the theater. Just before I went in, I noticed a fan.

The Fan:"Oh my God! Am I dreaming? I’m seeing Avneet Kaur! I’m a huge, die-hard fan of yours. Can I please have a selfie with you?"

I usually don’t agree to such requests, but the term "die-hard fan" intrigued me, so I agreed. The fan then impressed me further by saying:

The Fan: "What’s the big deal if I take a selfie with you? This moment will stay with me forever. You’ll have to remember me whenever you see this picture. So, please, can we take a selfie in your phone ?"

Avneet (thinking): What a clever way to gain popularity on Instagram. I’m slightly impressed.

I took the photo and said:

Avneet: "Done. What’s next? Should I post it on Instagram and tag you?"

The Fan: "No need. Just save it in your personal folder and look at it whenever you feel lonely. It’ll remind you that there’s a die-hard fan out there for you, no matter what."