Chapter 5

Rebecca Castello

Inside her office stood her brother, his mate, Jessica, her third in command and Jessica's father, Alpha Alphonso.

Jesscia was barely keeping on her seat waiting in suspense for the news of who Rebecca's mate was, her feet were bouncing and Elric had to hold her so she wouldnt bounce around the room bombarding Rebecca with questions.

Everyone was curious.

Taking a deep breath Rebecca eyed everyone in the room.

"I will tell only you all in here, as well as my beta who my mate is.... Right now Regina is out on a mission for me... Regarding my mate, she doesn't know yet but I plan to tell her when she calls to give me an update."

"What do you mean she's on a mission regarding your mate?" The question came from her Third in command, Christopher Lee. Christopher had been Rebecca's third since she challenged her father, he supported her from the start and was one of the first to plead his loyalty to her.

"Well Chris, I sent Regina to gain some Intel on my mate... I wanted her to see how he was outside of a professional setting, and to see whether or not...he kept other women around or abstained for the sake of his mate."

"But Rebel couldn't you just see that for yourself? Your his mate, I'm sure he'd tell you." Elric looked utterly confused.

"That's the thing.... My mate, is Alpha Damien Woods." She watched as every face in the room morphed from confusion to shock. No one had seen that coming. The shocked silenced lasted barely thirty seconds before the room erupted into noise.

"THE Damien Woods!?"

"Alpha Woods!? Of the Dark Woods Pack!?"

"The guy that swore you as his rival!?"

"You guys are always at each other's throats!"

Hey you're telling me that, I'm as shocked as you are.

"You guys would be sooooo hot together!", Jessica ended her statement with an excited squeal effectively shutting everyone in the room up, as they stared at her.

"What? it's TRUE."

Rebecca burst into laughter, holding her stomach as she doubled over in her chair. By the time she had stopped laughing everyone had returned to their seats.

Wiping  the tears from her eyes Rebecca shook her head at Jessica, "Leave it to you to find something good huh Jess, but yes, Alpha Damien Woods is my mate. and I would like for this to remain a secret until I get the Intel I wanted from Regina. As you guys know Alpha's are famous for having not waited for their mates and keeping girls around. I just want to know if Alpha Damien is the type to do that so I know if I have to teach someone their place when I do go for my mate."

"So you aren't going to reject him? I was certain you two really disliked each other, hated even." Alpha Alphonso scratched his beard.

"Oh Unlce Alphonso, I never disliked Alpha Woods. No I found him amusing, the fights he picked with me were always entertaining, and our arguments were always intellectual and stimulating. Hell, to be honest I had been secretly hoping he would be my mate, Alpha Woods complimented my flaws perfectly, I couldn't have gotten a better mate." Rebecca laid back in her chair and folded her hands, she was more than pleased with her mate.

"Well I'll be damned....that is true, you two were always quite the duo. Whether Alpha Woods thought so or no. But Becca, when I think about it, Alpha Woods did seem to genuinely dislike you, although he never strayed very far from your side at events." Alphonso was quite observant, she admired that in the man.

"It would seem that Alpha Woods misinterpreted the attraction he felt towards me."

"Wait you mean the pull? The same pull that had me crushing on Elric? He misinterpreted that? and thought what? That the pull was a dislike towards you or something? Is he stupid?" Jessica looked genuinely concerned and that caused Rebecca to laugh.

"Well it would seem that way, Jess, when our eyes met and the Mate bond clicked into place, his eyes went from shocked to scared. He was fearful that I would reject him. Though he didn't look at me properly because if he did he would have seen the pride in my eyes at having him as my mate."

"You are truly happy to have him as your mate aren't you? Then I am glad. As long as you are happy Alpha, I am satisfied." Christopher had been quite for a while and when he finally spoke he nearly made his Alpha cry.

The room was silent for a while, the silence didnt last very long as it was broken by Rebecca's phone ringing.

"Yes, Regina?"

"Alpha we maaayyyy have a slight problem."

"What is it Regina?", Rebecca was on high alert and her alerted state had everyone in the room sitting upright ready for whatever was going to be said.

"I found my mate. And it's the Beta of the Dark Woods Pack."