Maybe this Time (or Maybe NOT this Time)

She heard that song over someone's music player, and it brought with it so many things that have been consuming both her heart and mind for many days already. She's missing the one she loves, but there's nothing she can do but just wait... and pray... and this: reach out for paper and pen and write. She browsed her previous journals, only to realize that there's always an entry concerning Dustin in every one of it.

She has decided to detach herself from him. But instead of the feelings subsiding little by little, it went otherwise. She finds the love growing stronger each day. He's always been in her thoughts. Not to mention that he's also in her dreams.

Sounds crazy, but it's true.

She's been praying for her heart because there's nothing that she wants but what God wants for every aspect of her life. Yes, over her desires. But she cannot deny this.

SHE LOVES DUSTIN.

Dustin is her good friend. The friendship that they two share is a deep one. He is the person Monique is most comfortable to be with. She's not afraid to give voice to her thoughts to him for she knows he won't judge, but will only understand. That has always been with him. He knows Monique well enough, even when words need not be said. He's always willing to listen to Monique. And for everything that he is, Monique is grateful. Her friendship with Dustin is one of the million things she is thankful to God for.

Today, as she is whiling her time away, in her heart she is hoping to spend time with him once again. This one's a request placed in her Father's hands... Whatever His answer will be, she'll gladly accept because she's assured HE knows best. Henceforth, she's taken care of!

January 15, 2015