Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Disclaimer: The author is not professional nor a law student. The author searched in the internet as a reference for the following scene.

The day has come, the day where the trial will happen. After so many years, the dark times are starting to clear out. The sufferings is about to end.

"You okay?" tanong sa akin ni Connor habang nakaakap sa aking bewang. Ang kaniyang mata ay puno ng pag-aalala sa akin.

I nodded at him and gave him the sweetest smile. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. Wearing a white baby doll dress, I entered the hall with Connor's arms snaked around my waist.

"Eli." Agad na salubong sa akin ni Ate Reese ng makapasok kami sa loob.

She's wearing a bodycon white dress, and it somewhat reminds me of peace. Agad akong yumakap sa kaniya. Ilang araw na din matapos makalabas ni Yza sa hospital.

"Mabuti at nakapunta ka." Nakangiting saad niya sa akin.

I looked at her eyes, and it shows me what she really feels. She's nervous but peaceful at the same time. Her aura is so strong that I don't think it will break today.

"Are you ready, Ate?" Magaan na tanong ko sa kanya, inoobserbahan siya.

She hesitated for a second, trying to find the right word but then she smiled. A smiled that reaches her eyes.

"Yeah, never been this ready." She answered.

Napangiti naman ako sa kaniyang sagot. I feel proud of her. Sa dami nang pinagdaanan niya, nasa harap ko siya ngayon at haharapin ang nakaraan na matagal naming tinakbuhan.

She looked at Connor, and Connor nodded and excused himself. Umupo kami ni Ate Reese sa isang bench malapit lamang sa entrance.

"I know that I've been hard to you before, Eli. Forcing you for the things for Isaiah even though you are hurting too." She said.

I just smiled at her and listened. Hinawakan niya ang aking kamay at agad kong naramdaman ang init nito.

"Alam ko na minahal mo si Isaiah noon at ngayon ay si Connor na ang mahal mo, ang sasabihin ko ay hindi para kaawaan mo si Isaiah at mapilitan ka na mahalin siyang muli. I just want you to know what happened to him when you're abroad." aniya.

I felt confuse for a moment but remained listening to her. I was startled when her eyes teared up and shows sadness.

"Isaiah blamed himself for years. Hindi mula noong may mangyari sayo, dahil dumagdag lang iyon. You were not the first one who was violated that Isaiah loved. Actually, the first one was raped. Isaiah blamed himself, but at some point he managed to pull himself together, especially for the recovery period of the girl." Malungkot na saad ni Ate Reese.

I bit my lower lip as I feel my eyes started to tear up. It's confusing and heartbreaking. Ang daming sikreto sa mga nangyari sa amin noon.

"But when you were sexually harassed, he lost it. Mas nadagdagan ang paninisi niya sa sarili niya, lalo at mahal na mahal ka na niya ng panahong iyon. He wants to pursue you, even before the incident, hindi niya lang magawa dahil sa trauma niya sa unang babae." She explained while keeping herself together.

There's too much information about him. He was mysterious in my eyes before, I even thought that I knew him when I got close to him, but there's this part of him that is entirely heartbreaking. He doesn't show any of those sufferings he experienced.

"H-he even... tried to kill himself when you left." She stuttered.

Napahawak ako sa aking bibig sa narinig mula sa kanya at nanlalaking matang tinignan ang taong dumaan sa likod ni Ate Reese, si Isaiah. Wearing a white long sleeves that makes him look like an angel.