Fiendfyre

It was hot. So bloody hot. After Gregory cast that 'Fiendfyre' spell, it just grew and grew like a gigantic bushfire and Draco was running, running fast as his life really depended on it. His life did depend on how fast he would run. The snake-shaped fire kept coming towards him, Blaise, and Gregory. It was scorching hot in the room. He thought he could feel his insides burning. It felt like flying over a volcano on a broom, which he has done before.

This was like some child's nightmare, being burnt alive by some fire breathing snake. Draco kept running and running until he saw a pile of junk in a pile, he knew he could climb. So, he climbed as high as he could go.

Draco was trying his best to climb up high enough to get away from the fire, Gregory, and Blaise behind him. But then he saw Potter flying on one of the school brooms out of the room. How pathetic, he thought. He just leaves us here to die. Where's that Gryffindor bravery, Potter? But the thing that surprised Draco the most was that Potter turned around and was flying over to him with Weasley and Granger following close behind.

Draco tried to climb higher as the deathly hot flames rose from the floor. This was it; this was his last chance of survival. He held out his hand but heard something tumble below him. He cautiously looked down, Gregory was falling, disappearing into the sweltering hot flames, he was not coming back. Draco blinked back tears, but those tears were evaporating because of the Fiendfyre. He watched Blaise cautiously, hoping he wouldn't fall too because Blaise is his best friend.

The next thing Draco heard was Potter yelling at him. He warily looked up at Potter who was flying around him, holding out his hand. He immediately grabbed Potter's hand, ignoring a sudden spark sensation when their hands touched, and held it like it was the last thing he'd ever do and because he just didn't want to die. Before he knew it, he was climbing on the back of the broom Potter was flying on. He looked back at Blaise, seeing as Weasley grabbed onto him and hauled him up and over the broom.

Draco sighed in relief and wrapped his arms tightly around Potter's stomach, but he knew he was hugging him as it's the least he could do, even if Potter didn't know it. He could feel the softness of Potter's hair against his ears as his head was resting on Potter's shoulder. He just wanted to run his fingers through Potter's hair and feel how soft his sexy messy black hair is. Did he just admit that? Yes, yes, he did. He had to admit, Potter was indeed good looking, he's always been attractive in the kind of nerdy but hot sporty way. But Draco knew Potter and Weaslette had a thing. Or did they? He's never seen them two together and he knew Potter doesn't stare at the Weaselette in any kind of way. Not that he does stare at Potter... Oh, Merlin, he knew he had a thing for Potter. Who doesn't? Those pretty and intense emerald green eyes, messy sexy black hair, pretty long black eyelashes, soft and kissable looking lips.

Draco was holding Potter tightly; he didn't want to fall but he also didn't want to let go. He still felt the fiery flame's heat on his face. Potter was guiding the broom around the flaming room, looking for Gregory on the floor but he wasn't anywhere. "Forget about him, Potter," Draco said sadly while holding back the tears of the loss of a good friend. "He's gone, he's not coming back." Potter nodded and soared out of the blazing room but as they flew to the door, a sudden blast knocked them off the broom.

Draco closed his eyes when falling, but when he knew he was safely back on the ground he opened them. Emerald green eyes were staring up at him with need, lust, and curiosity. Draco felt his face flush, he was on top of Potter and his lips were inches away from the Gryffindor's mouth. He blinked, hoping this wasn't a dream but also wishing it was. Before he consciously knew what, he was doing, he was leaning down and ending the small space between him because Potter totally didn't save his life and Draco just wanted to thank him.