chapter twelve // impatience.

Throughout the rest of the interview, my mind kept drifting back to the experience with the prince. I shook it off, but a part of me wanted to think about him. Luckily Melody only asked me a few more easy questions before allowing me to leave. She told me to expect a phone call in exactly a week. I shot my dad a text telling him I finished the interview and headed off to Reeja's house as fast as I could to tell her about everything. From the details of the castle to the details of my encounter with the one and only Prince Niall.

~ ~ ~

It was now exactly a week since the interview. I woke up impatient for the phone call.

"Why aren't they calling me?" I complained to Reeja; she rolled her eyes as she replied.

"That's the 37th time you've asked me that today, Gracey! Be patient! You're talking my ear off!" She walked into her room and moments later came back with some earplugs, immediately shoving them in her ear.

I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue at her. We both laughed until Reeja spoke. "I have an idea, let's go shopping! It should put your mind off of the phone call, and you still need to buy new clothes for the job!"

Before I could say anything, Reeja already had her keys and pulled me into her car. We drove to the mall, radio turned up, singing at the top of our lungs. A few minutes later we made it to the mall, or in other words, Reeja's second home. She was an avid shopper and knew where all the good places were.

She grabbed my arm and led me into the mall. We entered and I stared out at the maze of clothing. Reeja was already eying a certain item and ran to it.

"Oh my Goodness look at this! You have to get it," She threw a light pink flowy shirt into my arms and ran off to the next item.

I followed Reeja as she gathered piles of clothing. There were dresses, skirts, tops, pants, jeans, hoodies, sweatshirts, and t-shirts galore.

About 30 minutes later, I felt my phone buzz. I immediately dropped the clothes in my arms to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, may I speak to Gracey?"

"This is she,"

"Hi, Gracey, This is Melody, I'd like to give you the great news, you've got the job! Do you want to come in tomorrow morning at 10:00 for training? Will that work for you?"

"Yes! Yes! Oh My Goodness, Yes! Thank you so much!" I gasped, stumbling over my words due to excitement.

"Of course, Thank you. We really needed a nanny. I'll see you then." She hung up the phone and I was left speechless.

"I'm so happy for you, Grace! I knew you could do it!" Reeja squealed and embraced me in a big bear hug, dropping her pile of clothes on the ground as well.

I felt tears stream down my face. I couldn't believe it.

I did it, Mama.

________________________________________________________________________________

a/n

aWw, YAYYAYYAYYAYYY GRACE'S — or should I say Gracey's — DREAM IS COMING TRUEEEE

I just wanna say, thank you so much for 398 (ALMOST 400!!) reads, and 100 votes on my story! It means so much to me! I'm so grateful for all of you and your support. I never thought I'd get that far! I LOVE Y'ALL!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️