Intrusive thoughts

written to make me feel better

"I have a proposition for you, Marcy... and I think you'll find it very interesting".

Marcy looked up at the king, his face grinning at her. "What's the proposition?" she asked him. Her eyes were wide and bubbly. "I'll tell you during breakfast" He quietly replied. The newt walked away and left Marcy alone. She stared at the peach colored sky, which featured orange streaks. "Anne is gone" she mumbled to herself. "She is really gone". A wave of sadness crashed into Marcy, but she fought back. "I'll see her again when we get to the first temple". The streets were empty as Marcy walked back to the castle.

Inside, Marcy's room was like a ghost town. The only thing that remained were the laughs of Anne that echoed through the room. That sleepover was fun. Marcy took off her crossbow arm and jumped into bed. The sheets still smelled like her. "Augh! what am I doing!?" she asked her plant. It didn't reply but it opened its mouth for food. "Haha, you venus fly trap!". She walked across the room and opened a container of flies. Right next to her was the book of losers. After feeding her plant, she opened the journal and flipped through the pages. Anne and Marcy's names stood together with cute little drawings in between the lines. "Her drawings are so adorable" Marcy caressed Anne's signature. "Wait, what am I doing!? I need to get ready for breakfast with King Adrias!". Her tomato self closed the book and actually got ready for the day.

Lady Olivia knocked on her bedroom door a few minutes later. "Marcy, breakfast is in 5 minutes. Today we are serving your favorite beetle bacon". "Beetle bacon!" Marcy exclaimed and busted down the door. Lady Olivia face palmed and they walked together to the dining hall. "So... how were the Plantars?" the newt asked as she crossed her arms. Those words stung her heart. The Plantars were great! they never did anything bad to her, but their names made her feel aloof. "They were really fun! the castle felt less lonely" Marcy finally replied, her face was already buried in her journal jotting down notes. "Good, what about your friend Anne?". Marcy covered her face even more with the book. "She was good, I told you she was amazing!". Marcy felt flustered every word she spoke. This has never happened before. "What is going on?" Marcy thought to herself. "I've never felt this weird about Anne before. Maybe it's because I haven't seen her in awhile". That excuse was good enough to convince herself that Anne was just a friend.

The dining hall's huge doors opened.
Food was piled on the table. A high stack of pill bug pancakes sat in front of the King, along with a few books. "Beetle bacon!" Marcy hollered and ran to her chair. Her food was arranged in a fancy shape with a mint leaf. The scrambled eggs were in a separate golden bowl. 3 mugs of bugguccinos were stacked in a pyramid. Despite the elegant arrangement, Marcy completely ruined it. She could hear the chef crying in the kitchen. "Now Marcy" King Andrias started. "Let's talk about that proposition, shall we?".