34

That evening was wild, they joked and laughed all through the evening till it was time for the races, Myunghee was getting ready for her turn, checking her tires one last time before lifting her helmet only for it to be taken out of her hands.

Jaemin quietly put the helmet on her head, fitting the clips on the side so the helmet doesn't slide off. He got closer and placed a quick peck on her cheek, the sound of cooing and teases from Haechan and Chenle's mouth sounding for them to hear but Jaemin paid no heed at all.

"Race well," he said and pat the top of her helmet before chuckling and going back to his friends, holding Haechan in a headlock right when he neared them making the girl giggle as she shook her head and stood in the line for her turn. She took her seat on the bike and waited for the sirens to be heard. Her feet hit the pedal when the loud siren blared and she sped away, keeping her calm and focus constant just like last time, wanting another win.

Her heart palpitated as the bike's motors went louder the more she sped, air around her going speedily making her more and more anticipated. The finsih line neared and she could hear the crowd cheer for her name, a little smile on her face behind the helmet as she was inches away from the finish line. A proud look on her face when she saw the results.

The night felt longer as they were so happy, hearts beating like crazy as they ran on their adrenaline. Myunghee was back at their apartment and Renjun brought out the cake he and Chenle prepared, it was all new to her, being surrounded by people when she cut her birthday cake, she bit her lip, closing her eyes before blowing on the candle.

"Jaemin," Chenle said and motioned the older to go first. Jaemin gulped before going to Myunghee, his fingers picking up a bit of the cake and feeding her.

"Can't you take one clear picture? It looks like you're trying to take a picture in a hurricane!" Renjun complained as Haechan struggled to take a proper photograph.

"You do it then since you love complaining so much," Haechan retorted back.

"Stop fighting already," Jeno said annoyed.

"Thank you," Myunghee said and they brought their attention to the girl.

"For real, this was the best birthday I've ever had," Myunghee said.

"Well there's more to come," Haechan said to lighten the mood and Myunghee nod her head. They talked and laughed, like they had been friends for over ten years, drinking ever so often. Jaemin was the only one with clear water in his hands, something that always perked to Myunghee's interest, her eyes felt heavy but she wasn't sleepy, sights growing a bit blurry and her cheeks felt hot.

"What made you guys want to be friends with me?" Myunghee asked.

"Jeno never personally introduced us to anyone else before, so when he introduced you it was pretty clear that he wanted to make friends with you," Haechan slurred.

"Hey you were already friends with me!" Renjun said and Myunghee smiled.

"Thank you for being my friend," Myunghee said to Renjun who smiled merrily in return, cheeks all flushed and ears a deep shade of red from all the alcohol in his body.

"Why did you want to be friends with me Jeno?" Myunghee asked with a pout, she was drunk too.

"You reminded me of something that night, a saying, uhm," Jeno slurred, his eyes squinting as he tried to remember. He scratched the back of his neck as he couldn't seem to recall.

"Cold as ice but in the right hands, she melts," Jaemin said it for Jeno and Jeno had his mouth agape. Haechan saluted the boy.

"That's my smart bud," Haechan said and Jaemin winked back at the boy.

"I remember telling you that now," Jeno said to Jaemin.

"You just looked so cold and distant when we first met, I knew I wanted to know if you had a softer side to you, and you did," Jeno said, his voice joyful.

Jaemin felt himself getting concerned every time Myunghee reached out for another shot if whiskey from the bottle they had at home. The last time she was that drunk, Jaemin had to drop her off and more things followed. He bit his lips, hoping she wouldn't get wasted.

"Chenle come here," Myunghee said and widened her arms for a hug, Jaemin's eyebrow lifted when Chenle adhered and hugged the girl, they swayed lightly and Jaemin could feel how dry his throat went after that.

"Can I have a hug too?" Jaemin asked shyly and Myunghee smiled.

"Always," she said and with a lot of struggling, she lifted herself up the sofa to walk all the way to Jaemin just to hug him like he asked.

Instead of hugging the girl, he held her close to him instead.

"I'm taking her home alright?" Jaemin said to the boys who were too drunk to respond, Renjun and Haechan were sleeping on each other's support while Jeno had his head against the armrest.

"Be safe!" Chenle said loudly for Jaemin to hear.

"I will," he said and lifted Myunghee's arm, placing it on his shoulder for her to stand upright.

"Myunghee, stay awake," he whispered to the girl who was struggling to keep her eyes open.

A thunder lightened the dark sky and Jaemin knew he had to hurry before they could get cought up in the rain, he made the girl sit on the backseat and sat himself down after.

"Hold me tight please, looks like it's gonna rain," Jaemin told her, his eyes looking at her through the rear view mirror, she smiled before hugging his waist, her head dangerously close to the nape of his neck as her lips brushed against the skin.

He gulped before turning the keys to start the bike, feet hitting the pedal and changing gears as he started on his way to her house while her fingers gripped tightly on his clothing.

TBC