35

Myunghee's head rested on his broad back, her cheeks burning despite the cold outside, the thunders in the sky grew louder and louder but luckily, there weren't as many cars on the road for that late in the night. The girl lifted her head to look at Jaemin closely, huffing out in disappointment when all she could see was his jaw, as she was seated behind him on his bike. Their bodies were the only thing radiating heat from how close they sat, the jackets they had on, not doing any good in avoiding the intense chill.  Jaemin felt wetness around his knuckles and cursed under his breath, it was slowly starting to rain. He had to slow down the bike by a gear or two to ensure their safety or else the bike could skid, only making the situation worse as the rain got progressively harsher. Another thunder, the loudest one yet and Myunghee hugged Jaemin tighter, feeling chills run up her body and feeling how the rain drops made it colder.

Jaemin had a tough time driving as the street lights were turned down to avoid a short circuit, making it harder to find the right streets but he came by soon enough. Her home was meters away and Jaemin drove towards it patiently, the rain drenching his shirt, hair all soaked as Myunghee had been wearing his helmet.

Myunghee's hands went from his waist to his lower chest as she shivered in the cold.

"We're here," Jaemin said softly, some of the water on his lips sliding into his mouth when he did so, he was soaked but he barely complained, he got down and helped Myunghee step out, her feet a bit wobbly as she was still sobering up.

"Go under the shed before you get drenched too," Jaemin said and motioned her to leave but she held his hand and pulled him along to stand under the shed right in front of her house.

Her half lidded eyes gazed at him from the close proximity.

"Why do you keep confusing me?" Myunghee asked and Jaemin could barely hear her words from the noises of rain behind him, along with the noise coming from the intensity in which the rain poured on top of the shed.

"What do you mean?" He asked her and Myunghee smiled sadly.

"If you don't like me, just tell me instead of making me feel confused, don't go around treating me like I'm the only one and kissing me, it only makes me more and more anxious,"

Myunghee's words caught Jaemin off guard, he didn't know that she had been feeling this way and hearing it from her made him feel only worse, he tightened his lips and looked down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," he apologized and Myunghee smiled at his innocence.

She pulled him closer and hugged his neck, placing her head on his shoulder and just staying like that.

She kept rubbing her palm gently around his back while Jaemin kept cursing himself for being the way he was. He was afraid, of going through what happened the last time he let loose to someone. He was afraid of hating her and being hated by her.

"Jaemin," Myunghee called him, her voice a lot more stable and sober sounding than before.

"Hmm," he said in her embrace.

"Why did you say you felt lonely in the rain? Do you really hate it?" Myunghee asked out of mere curiosity . Jaemin's arms around her waist pulled her closer, the warmth in them running out as they both shivered feeling the frost overriding their skin.

"It was when two years ago Miko asked me to meet her at a bridge, it was after all the chaos so it really made me think she wanted to apologize. That was when she said that she officially wanted to part ways, despite all she did I tried telling her that I would change but she didn't want to listen, she left me there, that day was the first time I cried horribly because of her, it rained that day, it rained hard but I didn't have the strength to leave that bridge, I kept repeating her words in my head and everytime it only hurted more. How could I love the rain when that's the last memory I have of it? Of me balling my eyes out for someone who didn't even care,"

Myunghee watched him speak, his words making her feel bad for him though she couldn't change anything.

"Look at you now," Myunghee said.

"What?" Jaemin asked.

"You didn't waver at all, you said all of that but you didn't waver, you're stronger than that Jaemin," Myunghee said, her palm caressing his cheek. Her gaze on him made him pause like a statue, everything around him went numb, his ears could barely hear the noises of the rain anymore and he felt numb to the cold. Myunghee closed the gap between their lips and kissed him gently, her fingers rubbing against his wet scalp in an attempt to calm his nerves, Jaemin couldn't move for a few seconds, feeling a million feelings when their lips met. Her lips moved on his slowly, as if she wanted him to know that she was there for him, that she would always be there to help him leave all feelings of spite behind. She pulled away, her eyes looking between his pale cold lips to his eyes that stared at hers.

"Now you have a new memory to think of when it rains," Myunghee said with a genuine smile, Jaemin's eyes softened and he gulped.

His hand went from her waist to her cheek, tilting his head and kissing her deeper, pulling her closer as their lips caressed each others passionately. Out of breath but they didn't stop wanting to drown in each other as they felt their bodies so close. They pulled away, lungs aching for air as their eyes met.

"Why do you keep making me feel this way?" Jaemin asked with a frown.

"How do I make you feel?" Myunghee asked, her thumb brushing his earlobe.

"Like I want to forget about her," Myunghee knew exactly whom he was talking about and smiled sadly.

"I would make you forget all about her if you gave me the chance Jaemin," Myunghee told him genuinely.

"I want to love you then," Jaemin said, his face so close to hers that their noses brushed against each other every time one moved even at the slightest.

"Love me as much as you want then," she said in return, she pulled away completely and walked away from him, leaving his hold and Jaemin felt empty all over again, he watched how she turned her back on him and unlocked the door with the house keys, a click sounded before the door opened and stood by it. Jaemin felt his breath hitch before he walked towards her, pulled her into the house with him and shut the door behind them, locking it after.

TBC

This book was labelled mature for a reason peeps.