Ch 1 The Interview

Ved's POV

"Mr. Vedant Patil, you are the next." Said the receptionist from her desk, pointing at me.

I was attending the Tulips Technologies interview. Of course for a better opportunity. My previous company, Giza matrix was not ready to give any increment from the last 2 years. Just the job title was getting changed. So I resigned.

Also, I want to run away from Bangalore. The city is awesome. It's happening. I party here for the whole weekend. Have some real great companions here.

But I have my reasons. I was lonely here.
So with my 12 years of experience, And complete confidence about my abilities, I finally decided to shift to another company, to another place.

I am 34 now, divorced, and single. Enjoying my free life. But yeah I miss family. So I intend to go to Pune, where my parents are living. Also, a few of my old friends still live there.

And so here I was, at Tulips' which is one of the established company in my desired place.

This was the second round of interviews, being conducted at their Bangalore office.
I cleared it easily but my only condition is I will work only in Pune office.

The Interviewer didn't deny but nor did he accept it. He just smiled and said, "You have cleared this round, the 3rd and final will be held in Pune..."

I hated this ambiguous state about my demand but could do nothing about it. I professionally said yes, with that gentle smile, and left the office.

"Interview in Pune, so be it...." "Here I come back to you, my roots," I thought getting into my car.