Prolouge Two;Caleb

Third person Pov

Eight year old Caleb was getting babysat by his older brother, Eric, while his parents went on a date. The two were playing a game on the tv in the living room they were having fun, but that stopped when Eric got a call, the caller said, "I'm sorry to say this to someone so young but, your parents died in a car incident, it was a hit and run, so we don't know who the person is, I'm sorry," Eric didn't respond back he just cried, The caller hung up. Caleb was confused, he wanted to know why his big brother was crying, so he asked.

"Buba, why are you crying?" Caleb, asked looking at his brother.

Eric POV

How do I tell a eight year  old that their parents just died, umm... got it

Third person POV

"W-well, you see,"Eric gulped," umm," Eric started crying even harder," our parents g-got in a car crash, and died," Eric looked at the ground not wanting to see Caleb's heartbroken face.

"B-but, they said they'd come back," Little Caleb protested.

"I'm s-sorry, buddy, but they're dead, and w-we'll have to go live with your aunt and uncle," just the thought of living with their aunt and uncle scared them. They always hated Eric and Caleb, whenever the two of them are over there and they're parents aren't around they hurt them. Neither of the boys wanted to go there.

"B-but they hurt me, I don't want to stay with them,"Caleb explained trying to change his brother's mind, but it wasn't up to Eric it was up to the city, Limelight.

1 day later

"You're both going to, Limelight foster center," that's what the city agreed on, they came to this conclusion because they didn't know they had other family.

"Will we be staying together?" Eric asked hopefully.

"Sadly you will, not Eric you will," the officer tried explaining but choked on his words" you guys won't be staying together because, umm... well..."he he didn't want to say this to the boys but he had to,"you will have to go separate ways because, well, Eric we found something special with you when you were born, but your parents wouldn't let us take you but now that they died and you're under custody of the foster center we can take you," the officer looked away from the kids not wanting to see their desperate faces, he took a quick glance and regretted it, Eric just looked in horror tears filling his eyes. Caleb, sweet, little ,Caleb didn't quite understand, so he just tried comforting his older brother.

Eric started crying not holding back, he started sobbing, seeing his older brother cry made Caleb cry as well, the officer also started crying at this scene,"W-well, Eric and C-Caleb please follow me,t-to my car,"the officer said trying not to cry to much. The two boys said nothing and just followed the officer silently.

1 years later

"Buba, do you have to leave me," Little Caleb cried into his brother's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Caleb but we have," the older boy tried to act brave for his younger brother but he couldn't hold back the tears, he hugged his brother. "I hope I see you again one day," he got up and left Caleb there crying.

He eventually got up, and walked back to the room he shared with 3 others. The others weren't there right now, so Caleb just stayed there crying on his bed. He eventually drifted off to sleep, but that night wasn't pleasant for him he had nightmares, he woke up multiple times because of them.

2 years later

"You should do good in this house," the agent tried reassuring the 11 year old. "You know I actually him find a foster home as well," his agent said, Caleb looked up from his book.

"Really? How old is he, you don't look that old?" Caleb asked his agent

"He's  not that old only twenty-two but you should like him, hes really nice and knows how you feel,"the agent explained not looking away from the road. "We're here," his agent said. Caleb's agent got out of the ca, and opened Caleb's door. Caleb got out of the car and stood awkwardly next to the car. He saw a man come out of the house he looked really young.

"I thought he was coming to tomorrow, well either way come in," the man said. Caleb and the agent went into the house."take a seat, while i make some food,"Caleb was shocked by the man's kindness this was his first house is he going to stay?The man brought out food,"Here you go, oh and my name is Sebastian,"Sebastian said

"Hi, I'm Caleb," he introduced himself the man already knew his name though.

"Well, Caleb let's get you situated in your room,"Sebastian said getting up, Caleb got up and followed the agent just walked outside and left saying nothing.

1 year later

Caleb enjoyed it and was really happy when he found out Sebastian was going to actually adopt him.