Chapter 5: The Office Visit (Pt.2)

(Bigby's P.O.V)

Time: Early Morning

 "Hi Nerissa" I replied, walking into my office with my eyeborws slightly raised.

"Let's see what this is about"

I turned back around and shut the office door closed before turning back towards my desk.

"Have a seat" I told her, looking over my shoulder as I walked past her. However, as I did, I saw that big and beautiful sincere smile, still glued onto her face.

"She must have been really worried about me...at least somebody does for once"

I took my seat before she took hers, setting her purse onto the ground with one hand over the other. As she did this, I felt my head aching in pain so I brought my hand up into the air, rubbing my temples.

I swear, that silver shit has really fucked me up...

While I was doing this, Nerissa's face quickly went from sincere and joyful to worried and corcerned. She looked down at her lap while rubbing her left forearm before speaking "I, um... Are you okay?"

She looked back up to me as I did the same, removing my hand from my temples as she continued "You didn't look good last night. I wasn't sure you'd be...you know, around...if I came by"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me" I reassured, sitting up a bit from my chair but after I siad this, I started coughing.

"Or maybe not. I need a smoke"

I reached out, grabbed my packet of Huff 'n' Puffs smokes off the desk and took one out with my lips. I extended the pack to Nerissa, offering her one but she looked at it before a sarcastic looking look appeared on her face.

"Huff 'n' Puffs? Not many people smoke those" she said this while reaching down to her purse and pulled out her own smoking brand, Shotette.

"So I've noticed"

I brought my lighter out and lit-up my cig as Nerissa waited patiently in her seat with hers. She leaned over the desk, cig in hand, as I did the same and lit-up hers. As I did this, I saw her looking-up at me with her caring eyes once again.

"Thanks" she said after we sat back down, taking drags out of our cigs.

"So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" I paused and flickered some of the ash on my smoke into the ashtray before continuing "I know what you did for me, sending me to the Open Arms. And I think you want to help me again"

"There's not a lot that I can talk about. You know that" she replied, now sounding quite sad.

"So that spell Crane was trying to break... It's not just while you're at work, huh?" I asked as she took a long drag out of her cig, blew the smoke out of her throat and dumped the ash into the other ashtray on the desk.

"What I mean is...I don't want to waste your time. But I don't want you wasting your own time, either"

I sat up from my seat and layed my arms on the desk before I spoke "Back in the dressing room - at the Pudding & Pie - I told you what I was looking for. And you found a way to tell me". I continued as she rubbed her neck where her ribbon was "You sent me to the Open Arms. Maybe that will work again?"

"You can try. I just..." she trailed off, shrugging her shoulders as I leaned back a bit "Go head. It... might work"

I raised an eyebrow, leaned my back against my seat and crossed one leg over my knee as I spoke "You're here because the Crooked Man just sent Crane to the bottom of my list of worries. And you have something you want to say about that, right?"