Chapter 1

Sarah

"I said no, Rochelle!" Sarah yelled making her friend flinch. Realizing how harshly she had been talking she quickly amended.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I told you I didn't want to go to Evan's house and that's final." Rochelle said nothing more, but Sarah could tell she wasn't done pushing the topic. Evan was that guy everyone wanted to be around, he was the catch of the school. The classic captain of the football team, good looking guy who had an adoring smile and lovely laugh. What people didn't know was the real Evan. The Evan that Sarah knew. That was the Evan Sarah was trying to avoid tonight at the party.

Rochelle continued to look at her with scrutiny but stayed silent. Good choice. Sarah thought, sinking down in her seat and looking out the window. The landscape was whizzing by at an alarming rate, and checking the speedar confirmed they were going 60 miles an hour on the 45 mile an hour road. Having driven with Rochelle for years Sarah knew saying something would just cause her to drive faster.

"Damn it, we're going to be late." Sarah rolled her eyes, they were always late to school, but that didn't stop Rochelle from flooring the gas. It took 5 minutes before the school came into sight and another 2 before they parked. Most of their classes were together but first period was not one of them. Sarah grabbed her backpack from the car and bolted to get to class before her teacher could issue her another detention for being late.

The bell rang just as she turned down the hall where her class was. She heard the familiar sound of her teacher shutting the door and silently she cursed. He was the teacher that would keep you locked out of the classroom until you were thoroughly embarrassed and then he continued to make a spectacle of you while you walked to your seat. For a minute Sarah debated if she even wanted to go to class, but if she didn't she'd get a referral anyway for skipping too many classes. Closing her eyes she sent a silent prayer to whoever the hell was watching out for her and knocked on the door.

Mr. Harvey glanced over at her before returning to the lecture he was giving the class. Great he's in the lock-the-kids-out-of-class mood. This was the worst of his moods because he would leave whoever was late out in the hall for almost 20 minutes before letting the student in already having gone over the lesson for the day. Sarah dropped her bag and sank to the floor pulling out her phone.

It had almost been 10 minutes and Sarah was engrossed in her phone reading through Instagram when someone stepped on her foot.

"Hey watch it bitch!" She said before glancing up. Her eyes met a girl who shared quite a few of her classes and was almost as popular as she was. She despised this girl with her entire being. Hannah was too confident in who she was...too nice. Of course her being a lesbian didn't help either. I mean who could ever want to be with someone of the same gender? Sarah thought. Everything about this girl rubbed her the wrong way.

"I would but your big feet are taking up the entire hallway." She replied with the same heat in her voice. Sarah was up in an instant.

"What did you just say to me you little punk? I'll beat your ass!" It was at this exact moment Mr. Harvey decided to open the door. His eyes assessed the situation and Sarah knew he had heard her last comment. Great. Now I'll get in even more trouble because of this dumbass who can't watch where she's going.

"Detention Ms. Grey, and another for being late. I'll see you in my office after school."

"Mr. Harvey I can't, I have practice and if I miss another practice I'll sit out next game!" His eyes reflected no remorse.

"Well, I would suggest you attempt to be on time to my class for once." Sarah opened her mouth to protest. "Do you want to make it three this week?" He responded before she could say anything. What a JERK. She thought wanting to put him in his place. She began to push past him to the class.

"Ms. Grey." Now what. "You will apologize to Ms. Archer for what you said."

"You're kidding me! She's the one that tripped over me, if anything she should apologize to me! That's not fair." Sarah was well aware she sounded like a toddler but she hated being called out.

"That's three Ms. Grey, apologize before I make it the whole week!" Holding back her anger she glared at the girl who made this day a living hell.

"I. Am. Sorry. For. What. I. Said." Sarah forced out between her teeth. The girl only nodded before re-entering the classroom and placing the bathroom pass back on the wall. Fuming Sarah followed and took her seat glaring at anyone who had the audacity to question what had happened.

The class went by so slow Sarah was convinced time had begun to go backwards. She had begun to entertain herself by balling up little pieces of paper and launching them at Hannah while Mr. Harvey was turned around. However even this was getting boring because the girl didn't even flinch when they hit her.

"Alright class, remember tomorrow we have the Unit Test. Don't leave before the bell rings and have a good day." Finally. Sarah thought. She looked down at her notebook to realize she hadn't taken any notes on the class but shrugged it off. I know enough to pass the test. She packed her bag and pulled out her phone seeing almost half a dozen texts from Rochelle.

To: Yo, what's happening in the hall?

To: Hey, I heard something happened

To: What's this about Detention?

To: Coach is going to kill you

To: Hellooooo?

To: Dude talk to me. 

Sarah sighed, this was going to be a really long day.