Chapter 5

Hannah

Hannah walked into the gym and toward Cassy and Blake. This was one of her favorite parts of the day. Her lunch and free periods mirrored both Cassy and Blake's and they spent it working out in the gym and the weight room. Oliver soon walked in plopping down on the floor next to the water fountains.

"Come join our work out Oliver!" Blake yelled as they began their first few laps of warm ups.

"Uh-uh. No way are you getting me to run around this gym like horses on the track. I am perfectly fine with my sandwich and computer thanks." Hannah and Cassy laughed. Oliver was never one for physical fitness like the others were. He was always happy being the computer geek of the group. The door swung open again and Riley and Drew walked in. Drew looked at the situation and chimed in.

"Hey Olly you aren't seriously skipping out on work out routine again are you?!" Drew was Oliver's boyfriend and loved to taunt him about his geekiness. Oliver took it in stride and stuck his tongue out back at the boy. Drew smiled and gave him a quick kiss before joining the running group. As they passed Riley Hannah gave her own quick kiss to her girlfriend before speeding up.

Riley took her place next to Oliver and took out some homework scribbling down half assed answers.

"Ya know I never understood their need to work out. It's just not right." Oliver complained looking over at the group who had now worked their way to weights.

"Good view though." Riley pointed out as she watched Hannah squatting. Oliver mumbled his agreement and took another bite of his sandwich eyes flickering to Drew's ass and back down.

Fifteen minutes later the door opened again. Mr. Cruise, one of the administrators, walked in. He was the sponsor of the GSA group and very close to all six of them.

"Hannah come here for a sec." He smiled at the rest of the waiting for Hannah to jog over. "Yeah what's up?" He mumbled something the others couldn't hear and Hannah nodded.

"I'll be back y'all keep working." She followed him out the door and into the hall. "How are the kids Mr. Cruise?" He nodded. "Good, good. They're all doing well." He hesitated before talking again.

"You know you don't have to take the tutoring on due to who it is. I know she's given you trouble over the years." Hannah wasn't happy about it. When he had told her in the gym she almost considered declining. Something in her gut though, told her to accept. Why am I accepting? Sarah has been a jerk to me forever. Then again you've always seen something in her, Hannah common just be nice. The internal war raged on her until she got to the office.

"Right here." Mr. Cruise knocked on the door before Ms. Kovack answered.

"Ms. Kovack, how are you?" Hannah asked politely.

"Good and yourself, Hannah?" Hannah answered and Ms. Kovack opened her door all the way. Immediately Sarah jumped off the couch.

"No fucking way. No way. She is not tutoring me. I'll fail for all I care. I refuse to spend one minute with her!" Mr. Cruise had unfortunately stayed to listen to the conversation,

"Sit down, Ms. Grey." Hannah shot him a thankful look and he nodded. Hannah stepped into the room.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, I was in the middle of a workout. I would've changed but I didn't want to keep you waiting." Sarah's mom shook her hand.

"No no, of course thanks for coming. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to tutor my daughter. I'm also so sorry about her reaction. I will be having a long talk about that later with her. I've only now found out about her grades. I hope this won't impact you too much?"

"Oh no, ma'am, not at all. I've just had another student graduate so I have some free time to help out."

"Thank you, thank you." Hannah could only nod. What did I just get myself into?

~

"So you're seriously tutoring Queen Bitch?" Oliver leaned up from against Drew's chest to look at his friend closer. "Have you been possessed? IF YOU CAN HEAR US HANNAH GIVE US A SIGN. WE WILL SAVE YOU." Hannah playfully slapped his face away.

"Shut up Oliver. She can be evil sometimes but she needs help and you know I'm not the one to turn people away even if it is Satan's spawn." Riley, who had been resting her head on Hannah's shoulder, raised it now to look at Hannah.

"That's my beautiful girl." Hannah blushed and put her arm around her pulling her closer. Drew gave a loving look at Oliver while Cassy and Blake pretended to puke. As they continued their lunch, however Hannah began doubting her own words.