Chapter 8

Venus 

"I guess, we're partners huh?" Minerva said, happily.

We were now at the rooftop where it was empty and no one could see us. I really feel bad that we couldn't meet casually because of how people think of her. Despite being called a nerd, she's actually the opposite. She's talkative, and very fun to be around. And here I thought that she's really shy and timid. I guess I'm the same as everyone else. I judged her right away without even getting to know her. But, I have to or else, I'm going to be destroyed. I don't want to go back to who I was before.

"So, you're bad at dancing?" I said, laughing genuinely.

I really shouldn't judge her. She's the reincarnation of Athena. I wouldn't be surprised if she's really good at dancing and sports, but she's actually bad at dancing. Maybe her powers haven't awoken yet or- is it possible that she's hiding who she is like me?

"Could you practice with me later? I'll visit your unit. I guess fate wanted us to be together huh?" She said with a smug, it's really refreshing to be with her.

I wonder if Mars was also like her. I must have been playing pretend for too long now. Just thinking of Mars and her, how close they were- what if they're dating? I hated that idea. I wonder if Vulcan also felt like this when I hung around with my other boyfriends. I guess I'm also just as messed up.

"Sure. I'd love that." I said with a smile and hugged her.

She's really been a friend. Maybe that's why, yes that's the reason. I've become possessive of someone who I've come to like. There's no way, I like her for real to even date her, right?

"Are you okay?" Minerva asked, with a worried tone.

"Are you dating someone?" I whispered in her ear.

At that moment, I could hear her heart pounding faster- no, it seemed like two hearts. I must have been mistaken. There's no way it could be two. I pulled away from her and saw her ears became red. Then the thought of her liking me, sent my heart to race faster.

"Let's go or we'll be late for the next class." I said as I walked away first before her.

Life has been dull ever since I've remembered. My parents were the only ones making me sane. If-if one day, I showed my true nature, would day hate me more?

After class, my friends were distant again as always. We went our way eventually after class. Vulcan's busy with another girl again. I suppose I'm going home all alone. Everyone seems happy walking home with their friends even- Minerva. She was walking home with Mars.

I should probably just ignore them. I knew I should but unknowingly, my feet walked towards them and my mouth began to move on it's own.

"Hello." I uttered the words out with my mind regretting it already.

"Let's walk home together." Mars offered.

Minerva just smiled kinda awkwardly which looked quite cute. For a moment, I felt warmth for the first time.

"You and I need to practice later." I said to Minerva.

"Ohhh. Practice what?" Mars asked, turning to Minerva and wiggling his eyebrow.

Minerva hit him at the back and cursed.

"Dancing of course dumbass." She shouted at Mars.

"I'm sorry. His- always like that." Minerva explained, her ears red.

I see. I guess it wouldn't hurt teasing her. I give out a confused look at Minerva while winking at Mars when our eyes meet. He returned my wink with a smile. I guess this will be fun.