Chapter 20

Are you as excited as I am? 

____________________________________

Minerva

Two days have passed. We just go on about our life. Vulcan has recently joined our friend group. Violet, Maxy, andTravis were dumbfounded when they saw Vulcan sitting with us for lunch. Vulcan explained that he was fine and has already moved on, and that he's also eyeing for someone else. Of course, it seemed like Mars made a move on Vulcan. He was rather limping a bit that morning.

It seemed like everyone had forgotten that the whole school used to bully Mars and I. Even Xavier treated me well especially when he found out that I was better than him at basketball. I would have loved to see the shock on his face when the news reached him.

This lunch, we planned to visit a mall nearby. Violet wouldn't be able to come since she needed to fetch her brother at the daycare while Maxy and Travis had initially planned to go on a date and check out the new ramen place at the next town.

It looks like it's the four of us again.

I hope that Mars won't leave me alone with Venus later on. The air between Venus and I had been awkward these couple of days ever since I held her hand. I was sure that she didn't mind it, but maybe she did. What am I going to do if I cross the line? We are dating but SHIT! She did say that it was for show, right? I felt my forehead sweating.

The class was finally over. The four of us went to catch a train ride to the mall. The mall was stationed near the train station which made it more convenient for us to commute back home.

The mall was huge and air conditioned. There was a faint smell of sweets emitting from a small cafe inside at the left.

"Since we're here, let's disperse. See you two later on, let's just call each other," Mars said as he pulled Vulcan away, leaving Venus and I alone.

I gulped.

Trying to act cool, I offered if she wanted to check the cafe right over the corner to the right. Venus agreed. As we walked towards the cafe, Venus slyly intertwined her fingers with mine. My eyes widened. I was taken aback. I glanced at her who only smile at me and casually said, "We're dating so there's nothing wrong with this,"

I felt a slight blush form across my cheeks.

We entered the cafe. The atmosphere was relaxing. There were many different kinds of people here. Some were on a date, some were glued to their laptops, and some were chatting peacefully with their friends. We asked a table for two. Venus sat across me. The menu looks rather expensive. I could always use my card.

"Today's my treat," I smiled at Venus.

"I'd like a strawberry shortcake parfait please," Venus said to the waitress.

"I'd like chocolate mint banana parfait please," I ordered.

The waitress nodded and repeated the order, which we confirmed and went away.

"I heard from Candice that their parfait here is delicious. They even provide two ice cream scoops," I said in a smile.

"You remembered that I like sweets," Venus said with her palm on her jaw and her elbow supporting her.

"Of course I would. You love them after all ," I said happily, my arms on the table.

"Thanks for accompanying me. Even when I bullied you, you passed through my mask," Venus said.

A smile formed on my face and I reached for her hand. I felt the warmth of her hand. How long has it been since I've cared for someone like this.

"It's because your eyes looked as if they were guilty when you pushed me to the ground before. I thought that it's impossible for someone who didn't care to show that kind of expression in their eyes," I explained.

Venus smiled and gave a painful expression that made me wonder what happened?

"Hey, what happened?" I asked.

"Oh, no it's nothing. Was I making some kind of expression?" Venus asked as she shook her head.

My eyebrows furrowed. Venus is lying.

"I won't pry anymore, but I'm always here if something happens," I said.

Our parfaits arrived. The waitress placed our parfaits on the table. It's larger than normal ones. Just by looking at it, the taste must have been delicious. No wonder there are many visiting this place despite being quite expensive.

I felt pleased with myself when I saw the shining eyes of Venus. She looked so excited and cute that it made me just want to kiss her.

"Huh?" Venusa said softly, her face red similar to a tomato's.

I blinked a couple of times. Realization struck me. I must have said it out loud. I felt embarrassed by my action and blurted, "Looks delicious," I said as I scoop the ice cream on top of her parfait.

"That's mine!" Venus said.

"You can have some of mine instead," I said as I fed her a spoonful of my share.

Venus kept moaning softly, only loud enough for me to hear every time she had a bite of her parfait. I smiled. She really is like a child when it comes to sweets.

Venus looked up at me, squinting.

"I was just thinking how adorable you look while eating sweets," I said as I reached out to pat her head.

"My parents are coming back next week," Venus said as she bit her lip.

"That's great!" I said.

"But we won't be able to eat together anymore," Venus continued.

I sighed. She really is adorable. I wanted to squeal now.

"We'll still walk together to school. Tell you what, I'll eat dinner with your parents some days," I suggested.

"Alright, I'll just miss your cooking," Venus continued.

Ouch. So it was my cooking that she missed. Well, as long as she's happy. I don't mind cooking for her anytime.

"I'll bring you sweets if I make some," I said with a wink.

After finishing the parfait, we took a stroll at cute stores around the mall for a while. I called Mars. I really wanted to smack him when he said that they were somewhere else. My phone beeped. I took out my phone and saw a new message from Mars.

Be sure to thank me. Now, be lovey dovey with your babe.

I rolled my eyes.

"They left. Mars didn't tell me where. Wanna go home? I'll be whipping up some chinese dinner tonight," I said.

Venus and I went to the train station. At the corner of my eyes, I saw a familiar blue hair . I looked back immediately as soon as possible, yet saw no one. I wonder if it's just my imagination.

Inside the train, we talked about all sorts of things, from my parents to my brother. Venus was surprised that my brother is a well-known martial arts member from University Y. I want to be with Venus forever. I wonder if she feels the same too.