Welcome To Mystic Falls

Today is the day!

Ashlyn stood outside Mystic Falls High School, the imposing brick building looming behind her as students milled about the front steps. The crisp morning air carried the scent of pine and distant woodsmoke through her cracked window, mingling with the chatter of teenagers. She tightened her grip on her keys, feeling the weight of anticipation and unease settle in her chest.

Ashlyn stepped out of the sleek black BMW that her parents had given her for her 16th birthday. She never expected a used car so luxurious but she figured her father wanted to make a statement. More like a grand exit.

She hopped out and shut the car door but quickly turned around to open it again. She lifted the center console and pulled out an antique journal marked "F.Monroe"

Cautiously, she slipped it into her bag, shut the door, and hit the beeper twice to lock it up.

Alright, first step: find the office.

She looked around the campus for a sign, but there were none in sight. She considered asking for directions, but everyone nearby looked either distracted, high, or severely depressed.

New plan: find someone who could help her find the office.

As she continued walking towards the school entrance, she spotted a tan brunette around 5'6" leaning on a tree next to her surprisingly attractive—I'm hoping—brother. Tall, dark hair, and brooding... just her type!

"Hi! Do either of you know where I can find the main office?" she asked, hopeful.

"Yeah, through the double doors, quick left, and then your first right. You must be new here," the brother answered quickly.

"Yeah, I just flew in from New Orleans, actually. Is it that obvious?" she said with a small giggle.

"No, not at all. I'm Jeremy, and this is my sister Elena."