Chapter 1

Heartbeats can not be saved.
You either spend them
or lose them
but you can't take them
to your grave.

•------------------------------------------•

Tsukishima's pov.:

The sun was hot today, and the sky was blue with few clouds slowly moving around as the wind blew. Today, the Karasuno college volleyball team has a match against a strong opponent so we all went to this big stadium. The bus ride to here took around 1 hour and now the team is reunited, getting prepared to the game that is starting in 20 minutes.

While everyone was getting ready and talking strategies I was just resting, relaxing my back against the wall in an isolated corner. I'm not the type to like crowds.

I confess that I was a little thoughtful, and absent-minded. It's not like I'm nervous about the match or anything. I will play what I know, hoping it will be enough to guarantee our victory.

It was something else that was making me feel uneasy. And speaking of which.. he arrived.

I looked the other way trying not to make eye contact while the short boy was approaching slowly with his head down as his orange hair got messy.

I just rolled my eyes so I could get a full view of the shortie. He just lifted his head and looked back at me with those big brown eyes..

He sure has beautiful eyes

He sure has beautiful eyes.. GAHH! FORGET IT! I DIDN'T THINK ANYTHING! NOPE!

Ahem.. We exchanged looks, and without any words, I again looked away getting the hint while the orange head passed by me walking fast with short steps. After the eye signal, all I did was follow him in silence until we were alone in a deserted room.
It was only me, Hinata, and cleaning supplies.

He turned on the lights after a while looking for the switch and looked at me as if waiting for my permission.
I just sighed while looking around and closing the door as he pouted losing patience.

"Hurry up, Tsukishima!" He stepped hard just like a child.

"Shut up. Don't rush me." I said.

As I closed the door there was just silence. He kept looking at me anxious as I finally gave in and slightly opened my arms.

He then rushed in my direction and hugged me tightly resting his head on the left side of my chest while his tiny arms were squeezing me from inside my coat.

None of us said a word. There was nothing to say. The only sound was our heartbeats and slightly heavy breathes.

It's kinda strange.. just two men, hugging each other, alone.. But there was no romance. NO romance. At least.. that's what I thought.

.
.
.
.

This weird 'ritual' of ours started.. about five months ago, around the time of the interhigh preliminaries.

I was, like always, in my isolated corner relaxing myself before the game. My mind was in my blocks, then the image of Karasuno number 10 flashed before my eyes as I saw a small orange head walking past through me nervously.

I just sighed and followed him. I don't know why, though..

He just entered some random empty room and closed the door. From the outside I could hear his heavy breath.

"It's not like I care.." I thought to myself. "I should let him be."

I closed my eyes and turned my head, ready to go away when I heard something coming from that room.

*Tump!*

My body seemed to move by itself, when I got back to reality, I was already holding the opened door handle as I saw the shortie leaning forward, his forehead against the wall while he looked at his own feet breathing heavily.

"Shrimpie?!" I said.

He turned his head, still leaning it against the wall, to look at me. He looked like shit.

"Ah.. T-tsukishima! AHEM.. W-what are you doing here?!" He said nervously. His face was annoying.

"I could ask the same question."

"Oh- Uhm.. T-The weather is nice.. today, right?!" He asked trying to avoid my eyes.

"It's raining, dumbass." I answered.

"Right! Erhmm..but rain.. is.. shower..to...the plants!" He laughed nervously.

"Are you nervous? Like when you messed everything up when we had our first match against Seijou?" I asked going to the point.

He instantly straightened up and stood in a fighting pose.

"OI! ST-STOP TALKING TRASH POLE!"

"HAH?!" I asked annoyed. "You didn't screw up your stomach again, did you?!"

"IT'S NOTHING LIKE THAT!" He got red from anger, one could see the smoke coming out of his head. It was fun to annoy him.

He suddenly got quiet. "It's just that.. my heart seems like it's going to explode so I decided to rest and calm down.."

I sighed. "Didn't Azumane-san teach you a way to get ride of your nerves or something like that?"

"Yeah, and it did help a lot but.."

I sighed again. "Stop being pathetic and get it together, dumbass."

"HAH?! I'M TRYING! I'M NOT EMOTIONLESS LIKE YOU!" He yelled.

"EH?! I HAVE EMOTIONS YOU SHRIMP!"

"LIAR! LIAR! YOU WONT EVER UNDERSTAND!" He started whining.

"Ugh.. I guess I made the situation a little worst.. At this rate he is going to serve in the king's head again." I thought. "I mean, it's not a bad thing tough, haha!"

My thoughts got interrupted as the shrimp whined louder.

"IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE! I CAN'T CALM DOWN! WAAAH! I WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY AND-"

Without thinking straight I did something that even I didn't expect..

•-------------------------------------•

End of Chapter 1 <3
Word count: 936

(Sorry if it's short..)

)