chapter five: minnie

"AND WHAT, EXACTLY, DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN when you decided to test the boundaries of the greatest wizard of all time and an enchanted cup that's older than dirt?" Madame Pomfrey scolded the Weasley twins, not surprised at all that they were among the many students who tried (and failed) to enter the competition underage.

"Well, for starters, we didn't make it. So, we obviously thought that it would be somewhat successful," Fred answered thoughtfully, stroking his beard.

Collins was in absolute stitches at the sight of the boys. Bloody idiots, they were, but Merlin were they entertaining. She, along with Lee, had escorted the twins to the Hospital Wing after their miserably failed attempt at entering their names into the Goblet.

"I don't know what you're laughing at!" George pouted, "You're the one who made the blasted potion."

"I never said it work." She shrugged, "You only assumed that it would."

"Well, yeah, because you're smart," He huffed, rolling his eyes as he scratched at his woolen face.

"Thank you."

"A smart-ass," Fred added.

"At least I'm smart and not just an ass," Collins retorted.

"Children," Madame Pomfrey scolded the Seventh Years, reminding them that she was, in fact, still in the room.

"Apologies, Madame." Collins smiled innocently at the Healer, who simply waved her off and went back to mixing different liquids to find a concoction that would remove the twins' beards.

"Say, lads." Lee smirked. "Seems you've gotten yourself in a bit of a hairy situation."

Both Weasleys groaned.

"Yeah." Collins nodded. "Didn't quite make the cut for the tournament, did you?" She snickered, high-fiving Lee.

"I have to say, your chances were quite trim."

"To be completely honest, the look is really growing on me-"

"Alright, sod off!" George snapped, trying to appear agitated but Collins could see the twitch of his lips as he fought off a smile.

"Stop your bickering so I can think!" Madame Pomfrey exclaimed in frustration. The four teens snickered in response, but appeased her. "Here, Weasleys. Drink this."

Collins grimaced at the sight of the grey and green mixture as it bubbled up at the tops of the glasses that the Healer was shoving impatiently into Fred and George's hands.

"That hardly looks beneficial," Lee remarked. Collins nodded in agreement. "Drink up, lads."

"But... It looks... icky," Fred grimaced, regrettably taking a whiff of the goop in his glass.

"Very icky," George nodded, scrunching up his nose. Collins did not find that cute.

"Plug your noses and get on with it." She rolled her eyes. "Supper is starting soon and I'm famished."

"Keep it up and you won't be my future-ex-wife anymore, Mick," Fred teased, smirking.

"I pity whomever you have to spend the rest of your life with if that is what you look like as an old man."

George snorted loudly, but cut it short when his twin flicked him in the forehead.

"We have the same face, you miserable git," Fred grumbled. Realization briefly struck George and he pouted, but went unacknowledged.

"Seriously, though - I'm starved." Collins stood up from the uncomfortable hardwood chair. "I'll see you two in the Hall." She turned to leave before pausing, "Oh, and boys?"