[{3}]

"I'm just saying, I think the pie is overdoing it!"

Cecilia rolled her eyes, stirring the melted chocolate in the saucepan "Better than some basic cookies you wanted to make."

"I thought you liked making cookies?" Maggie questioned,  watching her younger sister pour the filling into a separate bowl. The girl then added in the two table spoons of flour.

"I do, but this is a new preacher we're talking about."

"Why should it be so special to make Mississippi mud pie then?"

"That's where he from, ain't he?"

Magdalene squinted her eyes at her sister as if to say 'Are you serious?' Shaking her head, the older girl added a pinch of salt to the mix. "He's from Tennessee, stupid."

Cecilia stopped her movements as if it took all of her power to think. Shutting her eyes tightly, the girl moved over to pour the sugar into the saucepan. "Whatever."

"Really, I thought it's common courtesy to know where your future husband's from?" Maggie joked, pouring corn syrup into a tablespoon. It was nearly knocked out of her hand when her little sister nudged her. "Hey!" She hissed.

"Don't say stupid things like that." Celia commanded, placing the saucepan down.

Maggie poured the first tablespoon into the mix, then moving on to the next one. "Preacher ain't even got here yet, and you actin' as if you're in love with him."

The redhead rolled her eyes. "Sorry if I'm just curious who's gonna take care of the church now. Sorry I care."

She shook her head. "Apology accepted."

Cecilia scowled at her older sister. The girl then moved to unscrew the coffee flavored liqueur her and her sister had bought at the store earlier that day. When it was open, she glanced behind her. Magdalene was too busy rinsing her hands in the sink. Smirking to herself, the girl brought the bottle up to her lips.

Not before a hand quickly pulled it away.

"Oh, come on!" Cecilia whined, turning to her sister.

Maggie scoffed, pouring the liqueur into the tablespoon. "You're so stupid."

"Just wanting to live a little?" She sat on the counter, swinging her legs. "And don't you dare act all high and mighty around me when you were the one that was hell bent on smoking Arvin's cigarettes!"

"Don't say 'hell', Celia." She pointed out, placing the bottle of liqueur on the table before pouring in the other tablespoon. "Unless you're talking about the place."