[{4}]

TW: Use of "C" word (Pertaining to a woman's body part)

"He's not that bad, Maggie." The redhead informed her sister as they walked down the hall of the school. "Just eccentric, like all preachers are."

The girl shook her head. "You must not remember daddy that well."

"I remember how he'd take me on his lap and talk about Ireland and Brooklyn." She answered, pushing past some kids. "I don't know how he remembered so much from when he was a kid."

"Parents probably." Maggie shrugged, and so did Cecilia. 

It had now been a month since Reverend Teagardin and his wife arrived in Coal Creek, West Virginia, and a month since Magdalene stood in the same room as him. With it being May, the school year was coming to an end for the both of them. Meaning that Maggie would work more days and longer hours; leaving Cecilia alone from time to time.

"You think we should have a picnic with him?" The redhead asked.

"Hmm?" Maggie looked at her sister.

"With daddy I mean."

"At his grave? Yeah," she smiled. "I think that'd be nice."

Cecilia smiled. "Should we invite Arvin and Lenora? You know, for company?"

"I think it'd be better if it was just the two of us."

Her sister nodded. "I get that. Though, I do think daddy would like it if you came to church."

"You'd have a better chance at convincing me if Preacher Sykes was still there." Maggie walked ahead of her sister, stopping at her locker.

Cecilia leaned against the wall next to her, holding her books close to her chest. "It's been forever since you've gone. I just don't want you to burn in-."

"-Hell's much better, Celia." She stated without lookin at her sister as she took out her math textbook.

The girl laughed, shaking her head. "Don't let mama hear you say that."

She giggled, slamming her locker door and beginning to walk with her sister towards miss Gleason's home economics classroom; Lenora's final class. Maggie went on. "I mean...what's so bad about it anyway? I can see myself playing craps with Satan and having a jolly old time."

"You don't know how to play craps." Her sister pointed out.

"Chess then."

"You're horrible at it."