Chapter 2: The nightmare

Reisu turned around, noticing a very faint silloute in the dimly lit hall "who's there?" Called out Reisu. He went to draw his Stoner 63, but noticed it was gone 'tough... Oh well, it didn't have ammo so it would've been useless..' He thought to himself. Suddenly, the room, or now that he could see clearly, the hall came into view. He looked at where the figure was, and soon he recognized the mysterious figure 'shinigami....shit'. Shinigami replied. "Silence mortal, please. You are here to receive a gift of....sorts." Boomed Shinigami. 'thats interesting, I thought Shinigami was the god of death...something doesn't smell right here'. "For the past 10 years, you have been giving me countless and countless amounts of souls to collect. I thank you for that, for I've only seen very few mortals achieve such a feat. You are different from those monsters...for you where doing it not for pleasure, but for the survival of others around you." Shinigami spoke in a soft but still distorted and deep voice. Reisu was at a loss for words. The god of death was praising him for all of the people he has taken down in his life, not just his career kills. "Lord Shinigami, just what are you giving me?" He asked with the uttermost respect possible, he was in fact, speaking to a god. "A second chance. Though you will need to do a few tasks if you wish to live a long life" Boomed Shinigami, quickly going back into a more serious demeanor, while licking its kodachi. "Your wish is my command, lord. Just name your tasks and ill do my best to complete them". Shinigami chuckled distortedly. "I require 100 Human sacrifices, a golden rabbits foot, the picture of the end of a rainbow, and an eyewitness account of the beginning of the earth" said Shinigami, trying to stiffle a laugh. Reisus face face bleached under his dust mask and goghles, realizing Shinigami just tasked him with the impossible. Shinigami began to cackle as black tears came out its eyes. "Just kidding, your real task is to find 2 children and become their guardian. You will be given 3 outfits to choose from, so choose which one you wish to use for the rest of your life. After you choose, you will be given a katana and a kodachi." Stated the reaper. 'thsnk god... At least I get to do something that helps someone...' Thought Reisu. "Understood, my lord" acknowledged Reisu with confidence. Shinigami chuckled as it snapped its fingers, causing 3 different outfits to pop into existence. Reisu walked closer and inspected the outfits, but one caught his eye. It consisted of a simple white mask with 2 long long horns peetrudibg out of it with 2 circular eyeholes and a black squiggly line going from the top right down to the left. It had a white cloak with black trimming. Down the middle it had what appeared to be a storage seal in the form of a large ring, and even further down the middle it said 'wraith of the leaf' in Japanese. 'guess if I choose this one it means ill spawn in the leaf village. Great, that means ill get to choose naruto and whoever else I see worthy of my protection' the rest consisted of black pants, a black long sleeve undershirt, and black ninja sandals that resemble narutos in shippuden,except they're closed toe. He smile to himself and said "I choose this one, my lord." Shinigami said "very well, I see you're going to konohagakure." He snapped his fingers, and the outfit had replaced Reisu's military fatigues. The katana was in its sheath strapped to his back, and the Kodachi was in its sheath hidden under his cloak. "I only have one request my lord" stated Reisu. "I'll allow it, what would it be mortal?" Inquired shinigami. "Please let me keep my Tanfoglio wirh at least 2 spare rounds of ammunition, just in case" stated Reisu in a hopeful tone. Shinigami thought for a bit "alright, your request has been accepted." Stated the god of death. It snapped its fingers, and soon there was a black holster (with the pistol Inside) attached to the right side of Reisus white cloak. "Thank you my lord."
Shinigami smiled devilishly, of course in good faith. "Alright, the time has come for your second chance to be given, I wish you luck on your journey." Reisu simply nodded and got ready. Shinigami snapped its fingers and a demon appeared. It decapitated the demon , staining its Kodachi with pitch black blood. Shinigami licked the kodachi, mixing its saliva wirh the Demon's blood, and then threw it straight at Reisu's heart. It went through, and immediately Reisu disappeared. Reisu woke up in an alley and got up. To his convenience, he saw a shard of broken mirror, and picked it up. He looked at it and could see that he was in the outfit he had chosen. He walked out of the alley, and turned in every direction, trying to spot the hokage monument. It was a dark night, but with the help of the moons light, he spotted it. "This is going to be one hell of a ride..."he said to himself, noticing his voice was distorted like Shinigami's. 'I guess its the side effect of being a wraith..' He thought. He signed as he took off, his footsteps not making a single sound.