Prologue

Frida Gustavsson as Evangeline.

I run across the empty street. My heart was racing a million miles a minute, my lungs were burning, my breathing was uneven and I was sure the bare soles of my feet were bleeding already because of the asphalt. The night was dark. The moon was hiding behind some dark clouds. I was afraid, I feared him, I really do, who knows what this demon would do to so I could give them everything I know.

I just had to come down to Earth didn't I? I couldn't be a normal angel and stay where I'm supposed to be right? I huff mentally wanting to punch myself, now I know why my mom calls my stupid every now and then. I've been coming down every year with a guardian since remember, but since I'm 15 dad finally let me come down by myself and this happens, me being chased down by a demon who wants to rape and kill me. Can my night get any better?

I wince as I step on a small rock, making me skip a few steps, letting the demon gain on me even more, I could literally feel his footsteps right behind me. But I had to keep going, I had a few blocks to run before I get to the Avenue, he would think twice before kidnapping me, I can even catch a cab and lose him. I run and run and I turn around to see if he was close, which he was. He was a few steps behind, I was at arms lenght from him.

I turn back around and choke up a scream as his arms enclose my waist and pull me towards his chest roughly, taking my breath away and no, not in the good way, I was finding difficulty to breath after getting crushed by him and running half a marathon. I start kicking and throwing my arms about as much as I can so he could let me go, all of this to no avail. He was rock solid.

"Don't ever run away from me again, understood?" He said growling at the end. Did he seriously growl at me? Does he think a growl as animalistic as that would scare me? Well it did, it scared me shitless. I whimper, freezing when I hear a chuckle to my right, I slightly turn my head and see a dark figure leaning on the lighting pole.

"You really are an idiot aren't you Damien? Who do you think you are chasing down a beautiful girl like her?" The stranger said gesturing to me. I blush at his words. "But seriously, who do you think you are? Me? My dad? Because I don't remember ever giving you permission to come up here." The guy said coming close to us.

"Sorry Master Samael, forgive me please." Damien said bowing his head. Samael hummed circling Damien with his hands in his black jeans pockets. Samael tilted his head looking at me, Damien must've gotten the message and immediately released his hold on me, making me fall and scrape my hands and knees.

Asshole.

I hear Samael sigh in frustration and going next to Damien. "I recommend you depart in this instant, don't want me telling my old man that his favorite messenger left without permission and almost kidnapped a girl?" He placed a hand on Damien's shoulder and scratched his stubble. "Don't you think so?" Samael steped away from Damien and looked at him bluntly.

"Yes Master Samael whatever you say. I would be leaving now, forgive me Master, forgive me." Damien said bowing his head in submission. Samael nodded.

"You should be begging for my dad's forgivness, next to his throne, kissing his feet. But you can' t do that if I'm not present to witness suck act." Samael chuckled fixing the black beanie on his head. "Get out of here Damien." Samael joked shaking his head. In a matter of seconds Damien was already down the street. "Idiot." He said under his breath kneeling next to me.

I start to pick on the small rocks that ot incrute in my knees and hands, trying my best to avoid making eye contact with Samael. "Hey. don't do that, you'll just make it even worse." He said softly catching my hands in his. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." He stood up pulling me with him making me wince again. "Can you walk?" I shake my head unsure. He quickly grabbed me and carried me bridal style.