CHAPTER III

The Kingdom of Orecus is by far the most successful country run by a monarch at present.

Many said it is because of their location. Having a large scope of territory near mountains and oceans both on the opposite side is rich in exotic plants and animals, minerals, and other things that give them an environmental advantage.

The kingdom also has many tourist spots that give almost a 10% increase in population when at its peak. This causes their economy to increase and bring in more money than expected. But some said the real reason behind the success of the Kingdom is the people ruling the country.

The Park Family is the first and only family who ruled the kingdom. Old people say that once there was a wise man who used all the resources available to build his palace. The people who saw his incredible intelligence followed him and made him their leader.That man is the first Park.

Their power didn't just stop in their kingdom. They also made connections with their neighboring country the Kingdom of Wardford ruled by the Kims.

With all these achievements and backup everyone expect the Kingdom of Orecus to run well and prosper for more decades to come.

And all that burden was carried by Park Chanyeol, the one and only son of the King and Queen of Orecus.

Prince Chanyeol's life was almost perfect. Almost, if not for the troublesome brunette he's looking at right now.

Chanyeol doesn't understand the way he's been feeling these past few weeks. Usually when someone is being hard on him, he just immediately does what has to be done and dismissed them.

He did try that with Baekhyun, but what he got is a slap in the face.

When it comes to the smaller he doesn't seem to be threatened by Chanyeol at all. And it looks like he had it easy with life considering how he's here despite being a disaster.

He also learned that Baekhyun has hidden kindness inside him. Although with much laughing, he helped Chanyeol when he slipped at the pool. He also once saw the smaller helping some classmates on their assignments, although that same day he spread out rumors to the school about Chanyeol being a racist.

He doesn't understand Baekhyun, and he might never will. Baekhyun is like an idiot, he always seems to get away with anything without even realizing that he's in potential danger because he's stupid.

And that idiocy makes Chanyeol concerned, a little. He wants to explain things to Baekhyun. He doesn't want Baekhyun to misunderstand because his mind wanders out of context most of the time.

That's what Chanyeol's thoughts are as he rests his chin on his hands and observes Baekhyun from the window in the hallway.

The smaller was just standing by the fountain, seemingly praying for something and then tossing a coin. He then looks from left to right and folds his pants, he made a last look at his surroundings before walking into the pool.

Chanyeol frowned as he watches Baekhyun stealing the coins and putting them in his now half-wet pants. Unbothered, Baekhyun didn't stop and reach for the coins on the higher part of the fountain.

That idiot, Chanyeol thought. He can't believe he's even giving attention to an idiot of a Byun Baekhyun.

~♡~

Baekhyun thinks it's not worth it. The guilt he felt by stealing coins over a super sour or sweet, he can't pinpoint which taste is too much, juice that he bought at the convenience store nearby.It's not worth it.

If it will help ease his guilt, he did wish in the fountain that everyone who tossed their coin in it will have their wish granted. Sadly it didn't.

He looked for the most valuable possession in his bag. Only after a few minutes of searching did he realize that it was missing.

Shit, he thought. All of his secrets are there. It's almost like his diary. And then he realizes the fiasco yesterday. He might have left it there when he and Chanyeol were changing clothes.

He made his way to the pool hoping that his notebook is in good hands.

"Are you looking for this?" somebody taps him. Baekhyun turned his head and saw Chanyeol casually holding his missing possession. "Why do you have that? Give it to me." He tried to get a hold of it but Chanyeol immediately stashes it out of his reach.

"Nope, I'm gonna hold this to blackmail you, and what's the point I've read everything in it," he said and swung an arm around Baekhyun. "Every single secret you have here," he whispered.

"Chanyeol you know last time we met I thought we can be friends and now I badly want to punch you," Baekhyun said irritated, trying to shove Chanyeol's face away from him.

"That notebook is important, if you're going to keep and blackmail me with it then take good care of it," he added and prepared to leave. "By the way fuck you."