CHAPTER VII

It's only been two days and Chanyeol is already regretting his decision of offering charity to Baekhyun.

He loves helping people, when someone needs help and he knows there's something he can do, he will not hesitate and try his best to do something.

But Baekhyun is just different; he's not like any other. It's almost as if he's making a reason for you not to help him or maybe he just doesn't have a sense of gratefulness.

For once, Baekhyun walks around the house in only underwear sometimes even just a robe in a full air-conditioned dorm.

"I'm clothed to impress." Baekhyun proudly said in all his glory wearing only an oversized white shirt.

"How is nudity a never mind just leave me alone," Chanyeol defeatedly said.

Just last night, when Chanyeol was closing his eyes all tucked up ready to call it a day, Baekhyun decided that it was the right time to be awake and bother someone.

And that's not ideal especially when you just attended a bunch of conferences and social obligations the same day.

He's on his bed, and Baekhyun is on the floor mattress beneath him wriggling around the cold floors.

Suddenly, the annoying noises were gone and in just a second Baekhyun is on top of him, casually sitting on his lap.

"I can't sleep," the smaller wearing poodle print pajamas mumble, quietly pouting in the dark. He looks so vulnerable in his endearing form.

Chanyeol released a deep sigh. He doesn't know if it's because of his annoyance, because Baekhyun's cuteness single-handedly obliterates his stress away, or both. Nevertheless, it made his heart skip a beat for sure.

Chanyeol used all of his remaining brain cells and energy to prevent himself from just stealing a peck from the adorable human on top of him.

He acted all cold and mighty and replied "I can so goodnight" and proceeded to close his eyes. He thought of all the sheep he can think of, trying his best to fall asleep.

Eventually, he felt Baekhyun slowly remove himself on top of him. Even in the dark, he can see the smaller pouting.

Baekhyun quietly fondled his sheets, probably realizing that Chanyeol is asleep already, and decided to sleep as well.

After a few minutes, Chanyeol rolls to his side and puts his arm beneath his head. He observed Baekhyun's features; it unconsciously made him fall asleep.

~♡~

It was a lazy afternoon for Baekhyun, he was sitting on the sofa bundled by the soft blanket he stole from Chanyeol.

He had been trying to stop his cold from progressing, and his solution is by sniffing and sniffing the snot falling from his nose. He's in a state of denial, refusing to admit that he has caught a cold.

Supposedly he has classes but the prof has an emergency so they were dismissed earlier than expected.

To be fair the whole kingdom is in chaos right now because of the banquet that will take place tomorrow. Royalties from different places are attending so the pressure is on the whole Wardford Kingdom.

The whole school decided that there was no point in having classes anyway and just starting school next week since their student's minds is already floating about the dresses they will be wearing and all the people they will meet.

Everyone around him is busy. Yesterday he tried to hang out with Yixing but his friend is doing some arrangements for his parents that are coming. Even Chanyeol is ignoring his antics because he's helping his cousins prepare for everything.

He's so bored. He felt left out.

Tomorrow when all of his friends are at the banquet he'll just go and hang out with the orphans.He heard the door opening and immediately grabs the vacuum near him and pretended to clean the floor. 'I need him to see me cleaning' Baekhyun thought.

Chanyeol walked into the living room in his formal attire looking like the true royal that he is. He then takes a glance in Baekhyun's direction and immediately sighs.

"I told you you'll catch a cold if you continue not dressing properly," Chanyeol said, concerned about the midget who still thinks his shenanigans of sweeping the floor are working.

Chanyeol took the vacuum from Baekhyun's hands and made him sit down, he put his hand on his forehead trying to feel his temperature "I'll go buy you a medicine" he said.

Baekhyun took out a piece of paper from his pocket and hand it to Chanyeol. "Can you buy these for me too?"

Chanyeol skims through the content of the paper. It's a long list consisting of books and some random stuff.

"What are these for?" he asked confused.

"For my project," Baekhyun innocently replied.

"I take it that you don't have money?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh, I need those too."

"I don't know these things. What if I buy the wrong one?"

"Fine, I'll just go with you," Baekhyun stands up and walks to the room to get some clothes.

Chanyeol immediately followed him. "No, just stay here you're sick,"

"I'm sick, not disabled" he argued and continue searching for comfortable clothes to wear. Chanyeol didn't argue more and just let Baekhyun come with him. It seems that Baekhyun is bored as well so going out might lighten his mood.

They drive to a nearby mall and immediately went to the pharmacy. Even if there are not many people. Chanyeol made sure that Baekhyun is holding onto his arm throughout their walk.

"Wait here I'll go in line to buy your medicine," Chanyeol said and guide Baekhyun to sit on a chair while waiting. Baekhyun thought Chanyeol is overreacting but he just let him be.

After a while, Chanyeol came back. He made sure Baekhyun drink the medicine right away. He also bought bottled water and a pack of face masks for Baekhyun to wear.

After that, they go and stroll around the mall to look for the things Baekhyun needed.

Even though his mask is hiding it, Baekhyun is smiling throughout their time. He has never been to places like this when he buys things he usually buys them in places that offer cheaper prices than in malls.

Even though they didn't plan it, this day become a hang-out for the both of them. They eat good food in a restaurant and share a cake.

"I think it looks good on you," Chanyeol said showing an oversized sweater he picked for Baekhyun to wear. He figured that since the smaller one doesn't wear pants in the dorm might as well wear something that will not make him cold.

"If I wear that I'll look so small next to you," Baekhyun said.

"It's fine you look cute in it."

"But it's so big,"

In the end, Chanyeol won and bought the sweater along with more other clothes he picked for the Baekhyun to wear.

"I don't have money to pay for all of this." Baekhyun quietly said while holding the bags of clothes Chanyeol just bought for him. They are now walking back to the parking lot and ready to go home.

"That's my gift for you." Chanyeol casually said.

"It's not my birthday," Baekhyun said.

"Consider it a gift for all your past birthdays." Chanyeol look at him and smiled at him.

Baekhyun didn't comment and just try to stop himself from smiling at the taller's kind gesture. Chanyeol may not know it but what he said made him very happy. He wants to hug Chanyeol but he's carrying so many bags that he can't even lift his arms. He'll just do it at home.

Before going back to their dorm he asked Chanyeol a favor and to change route and follow his directions. Chanyeol didn't question it and just followed whatever Baekhyun is instructing and driving.

They arrived at a hidden alley in the middle of the city. Chanyeol was about to ask Baekhyun if they are in the right place when Baekhyun called out for someone.

One by one small child started showing up from a hidden vent in a wall and started going to Baekhyun for a tight hug. Baekhyun gently caresses the children and greets them one by one.

Chanyeol's eyes widen in shock. The children are wearing worn-out clothes looking so malnourished. They have scars all over their body and some even have bandages.

Baekhyun instructs the kids to form a line and take a sit. He started taking out their leftover food earlier and proceeded to distribute it to the children.

Chanyeol was still shocked by what he saw but eventually started helping Baekhyun. The children didn't notice his presence, too busy swallowing their food that is probably their first meal that day. 

"I was one of them before." Baekhyun softly said reminiscing his past.
Chanyeol didn't say anything still in a state of shock. He imagines a child Baekhyun wearing worn-out clothes and asking strangers for help.

Baekhyun pulled his face to look at him. "Your majesty, once you're on the throne please help children like them. It's never their fault to live like this." even though a bit surprised by Baekhyun's sudden sincerity and revelation, Chanyeol nodded at him.

That night he promised himself that children like them are the first ones he will help once he became the King.