Part Two

I woke up in a daze, I had no idea where I was and why. Finally after a moment I regained my vision and control. I was in a small wooden cabin, a figure of a man doing something in another room.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" I yell, my voice cracking under my panic.

"Ah, finally awake?" said the man as he turned around. Although he was standing and I was tied up on the floor, I could tell he was shorter than me. His hair short, brown with a vibrant red fringe. He wore a red and black scarf and a sleeveless shirt, a vest, boots and jeans, all colored in black and grey. His skin pale with hazel eyes and a labret piercing.

"You never answered my questions" I said, trying to be as brave as I could be.

"How about you tell me who you are and why you were in the forset and I'll tell you the answers to your questions to the best of my ability" he walked over and sat down next to me. Although I had just met this man that I didn't even know the name of and not to mention he basically took me in as his prisoner, I felt a sort of affinity towards him, like I could trust him.

"Okay" I sighed, turning to face him.

"First off," he said, "What's your name?"

"I'm Laurence, Laurence Beveridge"

"Why were you in the forest?"

"I ran from home"

"Why?"

"I, um, you'll probably think I'm insane and not believe me if I say the truth"

"Say it anyway"

"This may take a bit to explain"

"I've got time"

"Okay, I'm the Prince and I escaped from the palace after being locked in there for about 18 years of my 21 year long life. That's the simplest I could explain that" I could see his jaw drop, his eyes wide.

"B-but.." he studdered, trying to find his words. "That's impossible! The Prince, he's.."

"Dead." I cut him off, finishing his words. "That's just what that haggard King wanted everyone to believe, so he could take the crown." I sigh, looking back down to the floor.

"How exactly did you get out of the palace?" the man questioned.

"Slipped past someone entering my room, then out the window nearest to me I went"

"Wait, you just jumped out the window?!"

"No, there was vines I was able to climb down."

"Oh"

"Now that I've said all this about me, let's hear about you shall we?"

"Alright, ask away."

"First, what's your name?"

"Kier Kemp"

"Why do you live outside the towns?"

"It's not safe for someone like me there."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm a thief, people like to refer to me as the Thief, I guess I'm just so well known" After he said that last line, I felt as if I shouldn't trust him as much as I do, though my thoughts on Kier stay the same.

"If you've been alive this whole time," Kier finally says after some time of silence, "Shouldn't you be King?"

"Yes, I guess so. But there is no possible way to get that monstrous man to abdicate his place as King"

"We'll find a way" Kier says, finally releasing me from my imprisonment and pulling me by the wrist outside and through the forest.

"Where are we going?" I ask in panic, trying to keep up with Kier's feet. I was surprised how fast he ran, though, I was taller with longer legs, he was small and thin and I'm definately a bigger person than him. He also wore clothes easier to run in compaired to my royal attire with my heavy blue and gold suit jacket. It also didn't help that my elbony hair was sat in front of my eyes, blocking my vision slightly.

"To the palace" Kier replies, stopping at the edge of the forest that overlooked the palace and town around it. "We're going to make you King."