Chapter 2

Michaels POV

                The next few days passed quickly.  Too quickly because now I have school.  I’m in my mom’s car now on the way.  I could feel the knot in my stomach growing and tightening.  I feel like I’m going to throw up.  We pulled into the parking lot and I instantly regret it.  Everyone looked prim and proper.  Like they were from those billionaire families who had more money than they knew what to do with.   I looked down at my ripped skinny jeans and band t-shirt frowning.

                “You look fine Michael now go.”  My mom said basically pushing me out of the car.  It’s her job to try and make me feel better but somehow that didn’t work.

                I walked up to the front door with my backpack before taking a deep breath.  Suddenly I was whipped around to face a tall, tanned, muscular guy.  A jock.  I could spot them a mile away.

                “What are you supposed to be? The entertainment for today?”  He said before laughing and looking back at a group of guys.

                “Um no.  I’m Michael.  I go here now. “

                “You go here huh?  Well you don’t belong here.  Look at you.  You’re an outcast.”  The jock snarls before punching my cheek.  Great.  Suck a good way to starts the day.  I just stood there.  Knowing if I fought back it would just make it worse.  He kept hitting and soon I fell to the ground. 

                Once I finally got up, school was already half way through.  I decided just to walk home.  Mom won’t find out.  I’d be home before her anyway.  It only takes me fifteen minutes to walk home.  I throw my bag in my room and walk to the bathroom to clean my bloodied face.  I sigh before stopping, hearing a noise from the attic.

                The hallway by my room has a string to pull to let down the stairs.  So I pull it and climb up.  I pull my phone from my pocket and turn on the flashlight.  It’s dark and dusty. I hear the noise again but from the corner.

                “H-Hello?  W-Who’s there?”  I ask and I hear it again.  Slowly I walk over to the corner.  I hesitantly pull back the curtain on to reveal more empty space.

                “Hello…”  I jump when I hear a voice behind me.  I turn around to see a boy around my age.  He’s wearing a black misfits t-shirt and black skinnies that match his hair.  He had snake bites as well.

                “W-Who are you?”

                “I’m Andy…Who are you?”  He asks walking closer.

                “I’m Michael.  Look why are you in my house?”  I took a step back just to step on a broken floor board.  I barely catch myself before falling.

                “Wow.  You okay man?”  Andy says reaching down to help me up.