Chapter 6

Mum and I went home, and she started making dinner while I went up to my room.  I sat on my bed and pulled up the file and articles from earlier, still logged onto the server.  There has to be something else on here.  I type in the name of Andy's dad and find a few arrest records for intoxication and getting in fights.  Right there is another reason they should have investigated.

"You're back. Did you...find anything?"  Andy asked sitting beside of me.

"Nothing other than a giant cover up" I turn the laptop so he can look through all of the files.

"No I was stabbed in the back... I've got the mark to show it.  I can't believe he'd say those things.  I was never like that.  You have to believe me."

"I do Andy.  I do." I hear my phone ring and answer it quickly. "Hello?"

"Hey Mikey.  It's me." It was Ashton.  He's upset, i can tell by his voice.

"Ash what's wrong?  And don't lie to me." I sit up turning all my attention to him.

"Nothing just...school.  Jeremy in particular..."

I sigh, "I'm sorry I wasn't there mate.  How bad was it?"

"Not bad I guess.  Busted lip and some bruising.  Anyway, how was your day?"  He asked.  I could tell he was trying to sound happier.

"Well I went to work with mum and there's a case of a guy who erm...killed himself here behind the house.  Well that's what the file says anyway.  But it's all a lie Ash.  It's a big cover up.  It's really his dad and brother who did it and they lied about it."  I looked over at Andy.

"What?! Wait, how do you know all of this?"

"I just um...asked around "

"You're lying but I have to go so you're free this time. I really miss you Michael..bye"

"I miss you too Ash. Bye." I hung up and bit my lip. "I'll figure something out Andy."  I gave him a small smile.

"It's okay.  Michael could I kiss you again?"