Chapter 10

Vijay's POV

Divya walks over to me as I finish pouring the coffee into cups.

"How is she?" I ask.

She glares at me. "Terrible. I hate her."

"Please. Please. Divya please. Your my darling right? My cutie pie right? Please Divya." I say.

"No. Give her this coffee and drop her wherever she wants to." she replies as she hands me one of the cups.

I pout. "Div-"

"Go." She orders.

I walk over to Mithra and hand her the coffee.

****

Mithra gets out of the car, and I get out behind her.

"Ok. Bye." she says.

"Hm...Mithra." I say. She turns around.

"Yea?" she asks.

"Uh, what did Divya say..." I ask.

Mithra looks at me.

"I mean, if you tell me what she said it would be easier to convince her."

"Let it go." she says.

"Mithra please. Tell me."

"Fine. She said she hates me, and that I can never be in the family, and that I can never ever be close to her." she says.

I look down, ticked off.

"Vijay sir seems mood-off?" Mithra says.

"No, nothing like that." I reply.

Mithra places her hand on my shoulder and looks at me.

"You know what she said?" she asks.

I look up at her.

Mithra's POV

Flashback:

I sit on the edge of the sofa, a bit nervous.

"Do you like me?" Divya and I say at the same time.

"Vijay is not just my brother. He is my best friend and a father figure in my life. We lost our parents at a young age, and he brought me up with Sasi. They were the only people I looked up to. They helped me a lot through my life. I have no problem with you getting married to him. Anything he likes, I like. And trust me, this house needs another girl to harass Vijay." Divya laughs.

I chuckle with her. "I was scared you might not like me..." I say.

"I should fear that. If you didn't like me, you would separate us." she says, tears in her eyes.

"No. Divya, i've always wanted a younger sister to look after. I would be happy if you could stay with us." I reply, gently placing my hand on her knee to comfort her.

Tears fall from her eyes, and she hugs me. I gently pat her back, knowing how it feels to lose a family member, I understand her pain.

End of Flashback

I finish, and look up at Vijay. A tear falls out of him eye. I look at him in shock.

"Wow! Vijay sir is crying!" I exclaim. He laughs.

Picking me up, he spins me around. I let out a happy laugh, putting my hands into the air, and looking at the black sky which has a few stars dotting it.

He lowers me to the ground, and we look into each other's eyes...

Hey guys! So I hope you like this chapter. Pretty short, but very sweet. Anyways, thank you all for your support. I really appreaciate your comments and votes. They really make my day. Please comment, vote, share, and follow me! Thank you all for your continuous support, and stay safe!