Chapter 26

Vijay's POV

"Blow them to smithereens. Set it to sixty so we can get away." With that, the lady gets up, and walks out.

I feel myself slipping from reality, and the last thing that I see is people turning on a bomb in the middle of the room before my eyes close shut.

Mithra's POV

Suddenly, my brain starts working. I don't know how, but my will to see Vijay one last time might have won over. I gasp as my eyes open. I drag myself upstairs, wincing at the pain. I manage to drag myself up the stairs and into the room. I see ma on the floor.

"Ma. Ma!" I shout, shaking her. 

She doesn't respond.

"Ma!" I cry.

 Tears fall out of my eye. I hear the water on, and drag myself over to the bath tub.

"Rekha!" I shout in shock.

I quickly turn the tap off, and take Rekha out of the tub. I find the towel, and wrap her in it.

I stand and start walking to the door, when I slip and fall. I hug Rekha to my chest tightly, shielding her small, frail body from the impact. I gasp as the back of my head makes impact with the hard wooden floor.

I feel blood trickling down my neck, and I know that it isn't long before I go unconscious...or die.

I lie there, gasping for breath, and willing my eyes to stay open. After about two minutes, I force myself to slowly get up, keeping my grip on Rekha. I manage to get down the stairs, walking slowly so I don't stumble and fall. If I do, Rekha will get hurt. I can't bare my baby getting hurt. I step off the last step, stumbling a little, but managing to catch my footing before I fall again.

I drop to my knees in front of Vijay. His eyes are closed, but I can see his chest rising and falling.

"Vijay." I say, my energy draining.

Vijay's POV

I feel my consciousness slipping, when I hear a faint voice.

"Vijay." the voice says. Its fuzzy, but I know the voice.

Mithra.

"Vijay!" she says louder, and more clearer.

She hits my chest, and I feel a new energy, the pass of adrenaline through my body.

My eyes flutter open, and I see Mithra kneeling in front of me, holding Rekha wrapped in a towel in her hands.

"Vijay. You-you have to take Rekha away from here." she says.

"Mi-Mithra." I whisper, gently cupping her cheek with my hand.

"Vijay please." she gasps for breath.

"Mith-"

She shakes her head, stopping me.

"Vijay, I don't have time. Please. Take Rekha. Go. They set a bomb. Go Vijay." she says.

She gently places Rekha into my hands.

"You can save Rekha if you get her to the hospital in fifteen minutes Vijay."

I pull myself to my feet, holding Rekha in my hands.

I see the bomb, but I know that I can't work on diffusing it. Especially in the state that I currently in.

"Mithra. Mithra get up." I say, trying to make her stand.

"No Vijay. Leave me. Leave me and go. Save Rekha. Please." she says.

"Mithra, lets go." I urge.

"I can't Vijay."

I drop to my knees.

"I'm not leaving you Mithra. I can't. I can't live without you." I weep.

"No Vijay. You go. Live. Live happily." she tries to push me, but her energy is draining quickly.

I pull her to my chest, hugging her and Rekha tightly.

"I will save you." I say. "I will."

"Vijay. Please. Go. Save Rekha. You only have fifteen minutes. Go." she says again.

"Mithra!" I cry.

She grabs my shirt collar, pulling me closer to her.

"I love you Vijay..."

Hey guys. I know I promised to finish a book before the end of november. but i couldn't write for 4 days. I am planning for mid-december or earlier to finish this book.

Also, don't kill me for the short chapter. There are two reasons for the short chapter.

1. i wanted to end off at a cliffhanger

2. abt 2 yrs back, i managed to fracture my right hand, and if I write too much with my right hand, it starts hurting again. unfortunately i had to write a lot the last 4 days and it hurts like crazy(also the reason i couldnt write for the past 4 days). thats why the chap is short. it took me abt 1 hr to type this entire chap with my left hand and 2 of my fingers from my right hand(i have a removable cast).

I will try updating, but idk if I can today. My hand hurts like crazy, and i have hw too. But i will try.

Anyways, please comment, vote, share, and follow me!! Thank you all for your love and support!!! Love you all!!!💖💖💖