Chapter Seven

At this point, me being late to this class was a given, so the teacher barely looked at me when I came in. I slid in my chair, looking over to Jessica.

"I'm not riding the bus today."

"Why, you got detention or something?"

"Uh, no. Tyler wants to take me home so he knows where I live for our first date tomorrow."

Jessica could barely contain herself from letting out an 'awh!', which only made me roll my eyes.

"Where are you going?" Jamie asked, taking interest in the conversation.

"I don't know. The fucking bell rang and I had to run down the hallway." I said with a sneer.

"That's that shit I don't like." Jessica said with a roll of her eyes. "Well, you two will probably talk about it tonight when y'all up caking until the early morning." She said with a laugh, making me blush. I didn't want her to be, but she was right. We were staying up all night not just texting, but on the phone. Thursday morning I even woke up with my phone stuck to my ear and he was snoring on the other end.

"Either way, I'll probably text y'all afterwards so you won't follow me, stalkers." I said, waving my hands at them. Jessica scoffed while Jamie couldn't stop snickering.

"All we would want to do is take pictures of you two, and put it on Instagram." Kitty said with a shrug of her shoulders, the playful smile never leaving her lips.

"And that's what I'm saying, I don't want none of that happening. This is technically my first date ever."

"I thought you went on a date with Joshua in the tenth grade?"

"We went to McDonalds, and I had to pay for my own food. And it wasn't like I couldn't, he just didn't even try to offer. Rude ass." I said, grimacing at the thought.

"We already know Tyler ain't doing none of that. He's about to treat you like a queen. Hell, y'all practically Cleopatra and Marc Anthony." Jamie said with a smile.

"You're doing the most. Its just a date, with Tyler. I mean, knowing him at least I know it'll be better than Joshua." I sneered, folding my arms across my chest. I wouldn't say it out loud, but Tyler could take me anywhere as long as I was with him, I was good.

Classes passed with almost a snap of a finger and I was off down the hallway. Despite every excuse I had, I was excited for Tyler to take me home.

I didn't knock, just swinging the door open. I froze there as I saw it wasn't just Tyler, but some of the other council memebers. Everyone except for Tyler's eyes were on me.

There was Vice President Kameron, who had a face that kind of reminded you of a puppy. Diana, the Treasurer, a poised and bright Asian girl who could easily pass for an eighth grader. And last was Sam, who was the Historian, though I'm sure the gave him the position just he'd have something to show colleges. I mean it was the end of the day, and he's already asleep.

My eyes soon fell to Tyler whose forehead was so creased with concentration, he barely seemed to notice someone walked in.

Kameron, with bright smile on his face, tossed a pencil in Tyler's direction. It was bouncing off his arm when Kameron said, "Hey, Presidente, First Lady's here." I shot a look at Kameron, who held his hands up in defense. With those words, Tyler's head shot up, blush covering his face.

"Hey, you ready to go?" He said clearing his throat as he stood up, brushing himself. I gave him a nod as I swayed a bit. He grabbed up the papers on his desk before slamming them on Kameron's with a sneer. "Jerk." He muttered, shoving his hands in his pockets.